Incredible Apps for the Incredible

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, now that we have had a chance to have our DI's for a bit, lets post apps that we have found (paid or free) that we love, and share them with everyone.

Ill start off by letting everyone know about the www.mint.com application. Allows easy access to all of your bank account information, balances, budgets, spending habits, etc.

Create a free account at mint.com and then enjoy the free app. Great product!!

Lets hear it everyone, whats your favorite app you have found so far for your Incredible?

Compnird

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE the Google Maps Navigation, except that it didn't work in Canada which annoyed me. I found the "BRUT" version that allows map caching and does navigation in Canada so I am covered next time I am up north. Just Google Brut Navigation and you will find it out on XDA.

Apps I can't live without; Advanced Task Killer FREE version (Ad Supported), Dropbox, Astro File Manager and SkyFire

Apps I find useful
; Fring for IM/Chat, Engadget, Photoshop Mobile, Run.GPS (purchased for WinMo and had licence converted to Android, great workout app is worth the money!)

My favorite games are Replica Island, Abduction and Flipit.

Great Thread! I can't wait to see what other folks post!

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I use these apps the most. I have more installed, but since I use these all the time it's worth mentioning.

• Advanced Task Killer ($0.99) which helps save battery life by killing unnecessary apps every 30 minutes.
  • K-9 Mail for my email since it is compatible with self signed TLS certificates.
  • AndChat for keeping in touch on IRC
  • Amazon.com app with Barcode scanning to find the best deals out there
  • Astro for file viewing
  • Barcode scanner for QR codes
  • Dropbox to access my files anywhere
  • SiriusXM for music / Opie & Anthony
  • Shazam to find that song name I can't remember
  • Twitter for Android

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!! Lets keep it going :)

Try to limit comments to 1 or 2 apps with some good descriptions so folks can know what they do, and not just go hunting the apps store for the names. Thanks!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
- FXCamera for quick snaps with some cool effects (better results, imo, than retrocam)
- Handcent SMS for bubble SMS plus pop-up notifications and custom vibration
- Amazon MP3 store for over-the-air music buys
- Personal Assistant Pro for account updates (from my BB days; I prefer it to Mint)
- Dolphin Browser HD
- Sound Manager (to make sure vibrate notification STAYS ON)
- Where's My Droid to help me keep track of this thing! ;)

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use these apps the most. I have more installed, but since I use these all the time it's worth mentioning.

• Advanced Task Killer ($0.99) which helps save battery life by killing unnecessary apps every 30 minutes.
  • K-9 Mail for my email since it is compatible with self signed TLS certificates.
  • AndChat for keeping in touch on IRC
  • Amazon.com app with Barcode scanning to find the best deals out there
  • Astro for file viewing
  • Barcode scanner for QR codes
  • Dropbox to access my files anywhere
    [*]SiriusXM for music / Opie & Anthony
  • Shazam to find that song name I can't remember
  • Twitter for Android

I concur. :)

* SiriusXM for Opie & Anthony & Bruce Springsteen Channel
* Touchdown (for work/Exchange Email)
* SportsTap (For Favorite Team Widget on homescreen)
* Advanced Task Killer (Still using the free version, will probably go paid...)
* HTC Battery Widget
* HomeRun Blast 3D (Free, good enough for now).
* Air Horn (Surprised myself with how often I find a use for this).

I have a handful of other apps installed, but these are the ones I'd consider to be the "keepers".

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone who is using task manager or task killer might want to do a little research because it will cause more harm to your phone then good. It will kill apps and some of those apps you need to have running for you OS to work properly. The Android OS can manage your apps better then you might think. A good app to have instead would be system panel which will give you a true list of currently running programs and its free. Just do a search for task killer and read the many threads that explain its no good.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Google sky map (for looking to the stars)
AppAware (great! Shows top apps, recommended apps, etc.)
AppBrain Market Sync
Astro (file manager)
Astrid Tasks (best to do list mgr)
CardioTrainer (best fitness app imo)
Documents to go (full paid version) - a must if you want to use Office products
dPod - Good podcast catcher
Foursquare - social networking map app
iHeartradio - for listening to local radio stations
iSyncr - Best sync to itunes available. MUCH better than doubletwist
Last.fm - for scrobbling
Meridian - I like this media player over all others. Not exactly sure why
Scanner Radio - Love to listen to the LA police scanner whenever I think my life is hectic.
Sleep My Phone - for putting the phone into airplane mode at night

I actually have many more, but these are the ones I use most often.

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who is using task manager or task killer might want to do a little research because it will cause more harm to your phone then good. It will kill apps and some of those apps you need to have running for you OS to work properly. The Android OS can manage your apps better then you might think. A good app to have instead would be system panel which will give you a true list of currently running programs and its free. Just do a search for task killer and read the many threads that explain its no good.

My task killer excludes the following. I have had 0 problems with my Incredible excluding those.

• Data Call Log Storage
  • People
  • HTC Checkin Service

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My task killer excludes the following. I have had 0 problems with my Incredible excluding those.

• Data Call Log Storage
  • People
  • HTC Checkin Service
Android does a good job "managing apps", I'm sure. I'd rather have the task killer kill the apps though. I don't need MAPS, Navigation, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all running in the background hogging that precious battery life.

So, I have had no problems being proactive and killing them.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Android does a good job "managing apps", I'm sure. I'd rather have the task killer kill the apps though. I don't need MAPS, Navigation, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all running in the background hogging that precious battery life.

So, I have had no problems being proactive and killing them.

A lot of those aren't actively running, but are just cached. There's a big difference.

I only use TaskPanel because of the bugged HTC Calendar app keeping the phone awake. Other than that, I let the OS do its thing.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Please refrain from making this into an app killer thread, this is all about usefull apps people can use. Thanks!

I also really enjoy the Tunewiki App, scrolling lyrics to songs is pretty neat. I also really like being able to set a sleep timer for listening to my music when I'm going to bed. Check it out!!

keeyum

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If anyone attends theme parks ride hopper lite is pretty awesome. It tells you the wait times for all the rides.

I like the game application, Abduction!

Also I find "Where's my Droid?" to be pretty useful. I sometimes leave my phone on silent and this turns it off when you text it a certain message. Then I can call my phone and find it again.

njperry

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
- aCar is an awesome app for tracking your mileage and maintenance on your vehicles. Very useful when your mechanic says you need a transmission fluid flush and you suspect you just did that not long ago. This app allows you to look it up right then and there.

- Secrets is the best password manager app I found, after installing three different ones.

- c:geo allows you to Geocache with your phone! This is awesome!

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Vignette

Add film and camera effects to your photos.

? 62 effects & 20 frames
? Uses flash (if available)
? Self-timer
? Zoom/crop
? Silent mode
? Geotagging

Samples can be found in the link in my signature :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Vignette

? 62 effects & 20 frames
? Self-timer
? Zoom/crop
? Silent mode
? Geotagging

Your pictures look so good I just purchased the app :)

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow.

Vignette

? 62 effects & 20 frames
? Self-timer
? Zoom/crop
? Silent mode
? Geotagging

Great pictures. I can't believe they were taken with the INC!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Some good ones not listed

Beautiful widgets, pdanet, photobucket, the hockey news, palmary weather, adw launcher, pure messenger widget.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Your pictures look so good I just purchased the app :)

Great pictures. I can't believe they were taken with the INC!

Thanks for the compliments - I usually shoot with my Nikon DSLR but having the Incredible by my side works well for capturing those moments when I don't have my big camera rig with me :)

I'll also second Beautiful Widgets, along with LauncherPro and also Swype!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress