Back on Droid, Happy to have Incredible....goodbye Blackberry?

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a HUGE Palm fan, when their phones got dated and buggy as hell I had gotten fed up and went to Blackberry. I was very happy with the Berry for a long time, but after a few years I have found the OS to be a bit stale and boring. It does what it does extremely well (Except the Storm) but it has gotten a bit old.

So the Motorola Droid had gotten released. I had LOVED the OS, but hated the phone itself. The keyboard was really bad, even after getting used to it for the most part, it was bad. The phone itself was unnacceptable. Always heard hiss, echo, and noise....went through 3 of them with the same exact problem which pushed me back to Blackberry. I had gotten the new Bold 9650 last week, and as much as I liked the phone, I found myself really annoyed that it's still the same old Blackberry.

So after numerous visits to the store over the past month, looking at the Incredible, looking through reviews, I somehow lucked out on Craigslist and found a Droid Incredible for $240. The seller had JUST listed it, I called and bought it and picked it up IMMEDIATELY. It's in mint condition, kept in a case and has a screen protector installed from day 1.

I am so far VERY happy with this device. The phone has been loud and clear, I hear the caller perfectly, they hear me perfectly. The form factor is PERFECT, and after loading on plenty of apps, the OS still zips niceley. I am thinking I will definitely be swapping the battery to the extended, but that seems to be the only issue I have had so far. I like the HTC Mail applicatiion, but Im disappointed it won't push like the Gmail app, so I am using that in the meantime. This OS is definitely made for this device though.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have honestly thought about.going back to my Storm2 but than I remember all the battery pulls, freezes, loading leaks, and slow browser.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I just went from a storm 2 to an Incredible two days ago and it's been great. The Storm 2 is still an amazing phone, I just like having a better browser and other android features. Only thing I miss is BBM, but my friends have been slowly leaving Blackberry to other phones so it's back to texting for me.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just went from a storm 2 to an Incredible two days ago and it's been great. The Storm 2 is still an amazing phone, I just like having a better browser and other android features. Only thing I miss is BBM, but my friends have been slowly leaving Blackberry to other phones so it's back to texting for me.

I had the Storm 2, and although it was WAY better than the Storm 1, I had a constant problem with the keyboard freezing up on me whenever I was typing anything longer than 3 sentences.....plus it was basically the same old OS on a touchscreen.

HTC did such a great job with the Sense, One of the greatest things about this phone is the voice to text....I am so impressed with the accuracy.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for mine to arrive so that I can do the same thing. I am so tired of the Storm 1.

After using the storm for so long and then getting the Incredible, you wonder why stick with that phone. I do miss the BBM though on it, but other than that im very happy

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i still pick up my Blackberry 8330 and am amazed that it's only 2 yrs old...Then i look at my Droid Incredible and wonder what I'll be putting it down for in another 2 years.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I?m proud to say that I?ve never had a BB device. Even when, in the pre phone BB days, my boss came to me and said, we?re all getting BB?s; which one do you want. I said none. At the time, I had a cell phone, pager, laptop and I had hacked my Moto Startec to tether on analog dial out. There was no need to have ANOTHER device to reach me.

Since then I?ve supported WAY too many BB?s. I did not like their UI before they were phones, and I still do not like their UI, because it has not changed much since the pre phone days.

I have to say, this is my first Android phone. I?ve worked with them all from Apple to Winmo, even Symbian, and I was a big WinMo fan until I got a chance to really look at the Incred in a store that was live. I was sold in 10 minutes.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember my Motorola Q. I thought the thing was so sick......... but by the time I got rid of it, I hated it.

My 8330 treated me well BUT I pulled the battery 5-7 times a week. Otherwise, I loved it.

HOWEVER, the incredible is so sick and once it gets Froyo, I cant imagine. I will miss my curve, just not very much.

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I gave my Storm 2 to my daughter and of course she thinks its the greatest thing ever but she's 15. It wasnt a terrible phone but I'm happy with my incredible. Only had it for 3 days but my calls have been crystal clear.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont know yet if i will pick up my 8330 curve much after i get incredible because it hasnt got here yet :( probably not tho lol :)

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have never looked back...

Miss the BBM a bit... but the upsides out weight the loss...

Lego!

The more I am playing with this the better it gets :)

Funny thing is, I would miss BBM, but it looks like most people I know with Berries are going Droid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87