New bug with sending emails with attachments

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've tried using 3 Droid Incredibles and an HTC EVO, all with different email addresses, mix of Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010, every single device we compose an email, add an attachment and click send. It sits in the Outbox forever.

We tested a Motorold Droid, Exchange 2010 and it sends fine.

Anyone else able to duplicate this?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I take it back.. the HTC Droid Incredible on Exchange 2007 worked.. none of the HTC devices on Exchange 2010 will send emails with attachments.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here almost a year later. Two HTC Androids, worked fine with Exchange Server 2003. Once I upgraded our server to Exchange 2010, neither can send attachments. No errors, they just sit there forever. We have to use gmail or another account to send attachments. We'd really like to get this fixed.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Try Touchdown from the market - It's a little pricy but it has great exchange support.

I'm aware of that product, but purchasing additional software isn't a "solution" in this case. I'm stunned that this issue still exists on Android even though Exchange 10 has been out for almost a year.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you using "Exchange 20xx" in setup, or ActiveSync?

I'm not quite sure I follow what you're asking. When setting up email accounts on the EVO, you can use either Exchange (which uses "Exchange ActiveSyn"), or POP3/SMTP. Exchange is the more desirable option, IMO, as you're connected directly to the server, can see all your folders, etc. But this is where I have the issue sending attachments.

If I setup using POP3, sending attachments works, but then I don't really have access to all the things I need.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
it seems as though you do not have your outgoing mail server settings entered correctly. your outgoing mail server sometimes needs to be the outgoing mail server of your carrier. i have switched to google business apps for about a year but i remember when i had exchange server on my treo, i know for a fact i had to call verizon to get the outgoing mail server for the carrier, once i did, boom, worky worky

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
edizzle, when you use the exchange option you don't set up outgoing mail servers. You use your exchange server for both. I would bet that you used IMAP or POP on the Trio as if it was Activesync you wouldn't even have the option for outgoing server.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Solution found in my case:

In Exchange Management Console, go to Server Configuration > Client Access > Exchange ActiveSync tab.

Double click Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync Properties. Go to Authentication tab, and make sure Basic authentication is checked (mine already was) and check "Ignore client certificates" (default is set to Accept).

Cycle the WWW Publishing Service, and attachments should send.

Tim Attwell

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. Spent 2 days trying to log faults to get email sending working with attachments. Your solution worked.Exchange 2010 and Android 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress