ROM Update in the works...Battery issues and low signal issues addressed

jnick#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, however, I happened to be on my lunch break at work and decided to see if there was a Droid Incredible facebook fan page. Of course there is :). Browsing the page, I came across a post made by a Facebook user 'Byron':

===================================
Hi, I’m Caylen, and I’ll be happy to assist you today. We are currently aware of these issues and are working to address them in the next MR (ROM update). Like all ROM updates, we cannot provide the exact date for an expected release, as there may be delays that are out of HTC’s control. The reception issue is linked to the battery issues. It is caused by the low signal, and your antenna always trying to find a better signal, which causes the battery to be drained more quickly. Thank you for contacting HTC America Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions. Also, I would like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at HTC Online Survey.

Thanks Q for your response. I understand how important it is for your phone to function properly. Here are some steps that should resolve the issue you are experiencing with your battery: 1. Connect the phone to the charger and charge the device until the LED turned green with the phone powered ON 2. Disconnect the phone, and power it off. 3. Reconnect the phone to the charger, and charged the device until the LED turns green again. 4. Disconnect the phone, power it on, and then power it off. 5. Reconnect the phone to the charger and charge until the LED turns green again. 6. Power on and use. As we have discussed about the MR (ROM) update, when released, these issues should be resolved. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime.
===================================

So there you have it folks...HTC is apparently working on a ROM update which should address battery and signal issues.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this before a couple of weeks ago but it is nice to know that the issue is a known issue and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
May go along with what I posted a week or so ago about Verizon telling me that HTC and Google are working on an Update that will effect their phones. Some are thinking it will just be a service update and some think it's them getting 2.2 ready across the board. So we will see and hopefully it happens sooner than later!

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling that this ROM update will come out the same time as Android 2.2. Why would HTC develop a ROM fix for 2.1 and then re-do it again to work with 2.2?

That's just my opinion.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This is old news I got the same response after the phone was released. So what two months and still no update. It's all about the eVo so its time to move on hello Droid X

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
most of the time i have fine reception but there are some segments in my day (independent of where i am) where signal just completely fails. ALSO from inside my room at my house signal is really weak on all phones but out of the last 10+ phones ive had in the last few years this one has been by FAR the worst in terms of its antenna receiving signal.

i HOPE that the op is true and they fix something. its really pissing me off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez