Help! Incredible endlessly synching...

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hope you guys can help me figure out what the heck my phone is doing.

I was having issues with Touchdown (lost my phone vibration function), so I uninstalled it today, and now my Inbox is stuck for nearly 2 hours now on 'Loading mail' and my People screen is stuck on 'loading', and I cannot download anything from the Market (says 'download starting' but the status bar is not moving). My Favorites screen is now blank (as is my last screen, which is Stocks).

I could connect with the internet, but that's about it.

I do have around 1,000 biz contacts, which may be part of the reason for the length of this sync, but when I originally hooked up Exchange, it was much faster than this (few minutes to sync).

Any idea what's happening or how to fix it????

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would try going in to the setup program and sign out of your account then restart your phone before signing back in. Sounds like you phone is getting stuck loading your information hope this helps.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I shut down my mobile connection hoping that would stop it from trying to sync and now I tried deleting my account and now it's been like 15 minutes and it's been saying 'the account is being deleted, please wait...'

Should that be a quick thing or would that linger like this too?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No it shouldn't take that long to sign off.

Try this... settings> applications> then try to force stop account sync and account sync settings.

If this stops the sync and you signed out try restarting your phone then try to sign back in.

If this doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset which will wipe your phone of all apps and settings.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a master reset and just reinstalled all of my apps - not fun. Not sure if I'll re-install Touchdown or not. If I do, I guess I'll uncheck synching to the HTC Inbox and contacts...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You might want to look into getting titanium backup its worth the cost and will re install all you app's and setting if this should happen ever again.

Last edited:

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I just looked up Titanium on the Market but it appears it needs to phone to be rooted.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I forgot about that but now you have a reason to try rooting your phone believe me its well worth the work :)