Using phone overseas

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas and wanted to know what my choices are for making phone calls. I heard of skype but don't know if its available on the dinc or how to use it. Is google voice an option.

Last edited:

edarchitect

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Out of the USA

1. I'm assuming you're thinking that he/she won't have phone service in the Bahamas. Do you know that for sure?
2. If you have wi-fi, then why can't you use Skype?

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that method is a little to advanced for me to set up before I leave tomorrow. From your post it seems I need to receive the call before I can make the call or something like that. I saw on Verizons website that they have 3g service in the Bahamas so if need be I will pay the ridiculous fee of $1.99 per minute for roaming.

vatsyk

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sure, you can use Skype instead of Gizmo5 but you have to pay for Skype out minutes ( 0.02 c per min or have a year subscription with the actual number-$60 per year for usa/canada unlimited in/out calls
With Gizmo5 everything is free !!!

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay..Need an update on this. I'm going to Cancun Mexico on a 5 day vacation. The resort will give me free Internet connectivity, but no cell phone service.

So...the question is: What's the best way to turn off 3g/cell connectivity and send/recieve all calls through Wi-Fi?

Skype? And does that give me a phone number I can use so I can have my cell phone service forward all calls to that number for a week?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo