teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: unccody

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it works. People have DL'ed it and not been able to install it. I have kept from installing it on my phone till I figure out what is up.

Found a curious file while searching for *.zip on my phone in /systems/etc/security/otacerts.zip

trying to find out if other people that dont have the update have that on there phone. Like maybe an encrypted download for just my phone?

twobruins

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Teslatech, I have the same file but have not been upgraded to Froyo. mine is dated 5/6/2010 similiar as the OTA update way back.

What is your date?

JRodHimself

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how would one apply the update.zip on an Incredible? I myself own a Droid, and know how to do that no problem, but my brother owns a DInc and i've been keeping an eye out for the update for him. I think i'm more anxious than he is:p

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get teslatech's link to work. I simply clicked the link on my phone, and it downloaded the 95MB file to the download directory of my SD card. Using Astro, I then renamed it update.zip and moved it to the root directory of my SD.

Then I ran the stock recovery program (detailed here for fellow n00bs) and it rebooted with Froyo installed!! Took a while, and I PANICKED when it froze at the new Droid eye splash screen, but after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, it got past it and went to a screen that counted up to 100%. At 25%, it came up with a screen that said "Congratulations, you have successfully updated your HTC phone to version 3.21.605.1 (the build number). After that, it completed the countdown and booted to my home screen and my system info shows Android version 2.2 in Software Info!!

Widgets look different. Going to go download the new voice search now for the voice actions, and play around.

But yes, teslatech's file DOES WORK!!! FINALLY!!!!

Woot it worked for someone. I am going to sleep.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Was this the same as the RUU ? or different ?Just have to use astro to move to SD card , rename file , and install on my stock phone? lol I am not sure of what is meant by "Root" of sd card either

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This is the official Over The Air update link that I received on my phone, logged and posted.

Root is the top directory "/" so the root of the sdcard would just be the top directory of the sdcard. Or if you looking at it thru astro or something like that it will be /sdcard

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
After all that time even with me getting the official push i go to update and I got a red triangle part way thru. Booted back into 2.1 and my phone says I dont have any updates.....lol how ironic. I am so glad I caught that URL because now I have to use it lol

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Shoot I just read over at xda that possibly if you removed anything from the stock system(I tried to remove some bloat with titanium before I went back to stock recovery) that the flash with not go and that is why I got kicked back to 2.1

jollydogg

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i cant get it to boot the update.zip. its in my /sdcard directory, but gives me an error message saying it cant find the file.

E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed.
Installation aborted.

I've done this before with another android back in the day for cupcake, so I dont understand why it isnt working.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy