Gmail not updating in box

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gmail not updating my inbox. I have to open Gmail go into lables then hit inbox then I get to see all my new emails. is there a fix to this? and yes I do have auto sync set up for my gmail

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Gmail not updating my inbox. I have to open Gmail go into lables then hit inbox then I get to see all my new emails. is there a fix to this? and yes I do have auto sync set up for my gmail

same problem here.i do not use it much so i can handle it for now.let's hope this gets fixed..this phone is awesome..mail is ave at best.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried to clear your data in gmail? If not hit menu>settings>application>manage apps>all>find gmail and clear data and cache and force stop.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This is an ongoing problem... i can't get my secondary accounts to sync for the past couple weeks. Google has been quiet. But I can assure you that we are not alone.

I posted here on the 17th http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/44757-gmail-synchronization.html

Right now there is a thread at googles help forum. http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?fid=27725dd02c44c45700049555e65d52d4&hl=en

and here http://www.google.com/support/forum...ad?fid=3c31ddb75dd8b8460004955157b2ffca&hl=en

There definitely is something going around. I will tell you one thing though... this problem has seriously put into question my trust into google and their customer service. Are they too big for themselves? Probably. I know that no active customer support on such a large platform is a very big negative in my books. I can't speak to a google employee about this individually and google dosn't notice until it affects a large number of people otherwise "its not their problem".

I have cleared cache...cleared data... removed accounts... added accounts 1 by 1 meticulously.... factory restored.... changed roms.... changed kernels.... deleted gmail...retinstalled gmail.... unchecked background data... unchecked auto sync... rechecked them all... yet I do not get email pushed.

Last edited:

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the native Android Mail program or the Gmail app? I noticed a delay with the native mail program (using IMAP), so I switched to the official Gmail app and it sometimes notifies me before outlook.

I also sync the inbox for "all" and the subfolder (labels) for never.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
this phone is the best..except the gmail sucks bad.as a matter of fact i have had my phone for almost 3 months and i have never once received one ring tone alert.so i have to go there to check if i get any mail.my AOL mail works better.

j3t

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I fixed this by doing this:
Home screen
Settings
Accounts and Sync
under "Manage accounts" select my gmail account
toggle off sync gmail and close.
Go back in to the same menu and this time toggle "sync "gmail" back on
Close and it was good to go.
I hope this helps.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had this probolem too with the latest Gmail update, i reinstalled it and it worked for a few days ony to happen again. I have since uninstalled the updates only and it been fine. Read the comments in the market and many seem to have the same issue loosing push/sync

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11