Using Idinc and ditcing ipod

dmd35

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
what are your opinions to use for jogging with the purchase of an armband. What software do you use, is it a big battery drain, is the sound quality just as good.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
The main reason I haven't ditched my iPod is the interface... unfortunately, so many manufacturers got on board with iPod that it's pretty much the only device that gives a seemless interface with things like car stereos (such as mine, where the iPod goes in the center console and I get full control + song information on my dash).

I don't think we'll be seeing that with "other" devices for a looong time, and it's tough to beat.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The short answer to "Is it a battery drain?" - Yes.

It's not as bad as streaming Pandora but it is a drain.

There was a thread in the Accessories sub-forum about arm bands for jogging, you may want to search and see what others are doing.

The sad fact of all the new Smart phones is that the stock batteries are underpowered. I would seriously look at a 1750 battery, if keeping the original form factor is important to you. It will give you aprox 33% more life then the OEM.

If keeping the original form factor is not important, then either the 2150 or the 3500 are both good extended life batteries and will allow you to use the phone the way it was meant to be used.

Hope this helps.