Incredible will not send/receive mms... help!

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My first Incredible worked great. It sent and received mms perfectly. But I had to exchange it for other reasons, and verizon shipped me a new one. Ever since I have been using this new one, I have not been able to send or receive any mms from anyone whatsoever. I don't know what to do, I need mms. I use handcent, and it won't work on that or stock messaging. It just sits there and tries to load, but never does. And when I send mms, it says
generic network failure. It has to be something wrong with the phone, I get sms and everything else perfectly. How do I fix mms?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My first Incredible worked great. It sent and received mms perfectly. But I had to exchange it for other reasons, and verizon shipped me a new one. Ever since I have been using this new one, I have not been able to send or receive any mms from anyone whatsoever. I don't know what to do, I need mms. I use handcent, and it won't work on that or stock messaging. It just sits there and tries to load, but never does. And when I send mms, it says
generic network failure. It has to be something wrong with the phone, I get sms and everything else perfectly. How do I fix mms?

do you have a task killer or quick settings installed?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. No task killer. Not sure what you mean by quick settings. I also use handcent. i am rooted and use Virtuous Rom. It worked fine till shortly after Thanksgiving. Not sure what changed or what happened. I've tried uninstalling Handcent and using the stock messenging program but no go. Still the same problem.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Handcent has issues with MMS, specifically when sending. It doesn't compress the images enough for many providers to accept, the iPhone and ATT is an example.

Send them using the built in messaging and your messages will go through.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am also having this problem but I am trying to forward an mms that was sent to me to someone with an IPhone and it shows it sent it but they never receive it. This is happening with the stock messenger and handcent. Regular texts go through fine.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are sending to an iPhone, maybe all of ATT, you need to add a subject to MMS otherwise the users don't get it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I never had any problems till after thanksgiving. Never had problems before that. I've used handcent since June. I use Virtuous ROM. I've gotten mms from iphones before with no problem, so why the issue now? It's not just from iphones though. It's from other VZW droid users too.

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
I'm starting to have this issue at random times too. Usually I am unable to receive pictures. I get the generic network failure message. So annoying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock sms app.

You know when some one sends you that picture with the sound, and you open up the picture and it plays the sound automatically?

On the incredible you can only open the picture OR play the sound. Is there a way for it to do both at the same time?

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
im using the default messaging app too.

tried to send a picture mms yesterday, and it failed every time. tried resizing it, but it didnt matter. eventually i just emailed the damn thing. seems it works when it wants to. other times its a generic network failure.

i think i may try a different ROM and see if this continues. just for troubleshooting purposes though. i love skyraider, and dont think this is a big enough issue for me to give it up. but damn, it really is annoying when it goofs.

on a side note, if the incoming picture mms is resized to below 30KB, then i can accept it 9 times out of 10.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
im using the default messaging app too.

tried to send a picture mms yesterday, and it failed every time. tried resizing it, but it didnt matter. eventually i just emailed the damn thing. seems it works when it wants to. other times its a generic network failure.

i think i may try a different ROM and see if this continues. just for troubleshooting purposes though. i love skyraider, and dont think this is a big enough issue for me to give it up. but damn, it really is annoying when it goofs.

on a side note, if the incoming picture mms is resized to below 30KB, then i can accept it 9 times out of 10.

Problem solved for me. I've tried everything. I had a suspicion that Titanium had something to do with it. Everyone has said not to restore data when you restore your apps, but I never see a batch restore for just restoring apps. Apps like Angry Birds aren't even visible till you do a batch restore. Keep titanium, but back up with app brain just to get them back.

Anyway, DON'T use ROM manager for wipes or installs or downloads either. I wish I never bought it. Many of my backups from that are useless as I get MD5 mismatch sums. Use Clockwork for ALL nandroid backups.

After you do this, USING A COMPUTER, download the zip of the ROM you want to use, or use most, and put it on the root of you SD card. Then reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid backup in recovery (NOT ROM MANAGER). Now wipe all your data. Wipe cache, and also wipe Dalvik cache, all in recovery Then install the ROM from you SD card.

I did all this. My phone was like a brand new phone out of the box, only rooted with the rom I liked on it. (virtuous). None of my data, texts, phone logs, etc. were on the phone. I had my brother send me a pix message and it came through. That's when I knew the problem was with my backups. SOoooooo, I restored my apps with appbrain. Since Angry birds is the only app that I need saved data from it, I only restored the data for angry birds with titanium. I had to set up my home screens manually, my email accounts again, my ringtones, my settings, everything. It took a while, it was a PIA, but my phone works right again, mms and all.

This is probably not the solution you are looking for, but it worked for me. Took all day inbetween all the other crap I was doing, but it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87