Can't use voice to text

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ever since i installed Vlingo which is awsome I am unable to use the little symbol looks like a microphone to speak my text. Not sure if there is a connection
Any thought?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have never tried it myself, but I've seen that a lot of people do like it. I was just suggesting that so that you could see for sure if it is the culprit. If it is you can ask yourself if it's worth having to not be able to use voice to text and go from there...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ever since i installed Vlingo which is awsome I am unable to use the little symbol looks like a microphone to speak my text. Not sure if there is a connection
Any thought?

Did you make Vlingo the default when you long press the Magnifying Galss Search button? That makes Vlingo the default for all voice.

I can long press the search button and say "Text Jane Doe Where are you" and it works.

I have not tried it with the microphone on the keyboard now that I think of it.

jpp44345

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Any thought?

Its a matter of connection. Make sure 3G or WiFi is on. It should work. If it force closes on you that means the current ROM/Kernel combo you have isn't compatible with this app. Restart your phone. DO NOT KILL any apps using a Task Killer and try to run the app again. If it works, this means you are killing something that is needed for this function to work. Hope this helps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried it with the microphone on the keyboard now that I think of it.

I tested with the Microphone button on the keyboard and it used the Google Voice search rather than Vlingo.

I then activated the Vlingo Keyboard Menu-> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> check Vlingo Keyboard. Then long press on an input area and select the Vlingo keyboard input method. Once Vlingo keyboard was my keyboard the microphone then used Vlingo for the speech to text instead of Google.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87