"Market no longer installed"...

Coxy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
When I try to get on Market...it says "the linked program is no longer installed on your phone". It isn't in my apps either. I did nothing new to my phone...just bumped charged it in the morning as usual...everything else seems to be normal. What can I do???
Thanks!!

Jeff

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You dont need to bump charge it any more I heard some where that it was fixed in android 2.2. I just chrage my battry like normal.

Try going in applications and force the app to stop and then try opening it again.

Coxy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.. it isn't in my applications any longer. I only have something called "Market Updater" ...that won't allow me to do anything with it. So it is like it has been totally removed from my phone...BUT I didn't do anything.

Any help????

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like something got corrupted. I've noticed little zaps from my USB plug when I charge my cappy at work. I always make sure it is discharged before I get it near my phone.

As for your app, you could just try re-installing manually. Grab the .APK here and stick it on your phone then execute from the file browser.

Android.market.apk - Download

(or find another source if you don't like that one. Good luck!)

h_cl

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue lately with my vanilla nexus one. I think the market got corrupted when it was updating... the icon changed to a stock icon and "Market" actually disappeared from my applications list. It force closed anytime I accessed the old icon on my home screen.

It was more apparent after a restart what was going on but I found the market application under the name com.android.vending (?) in my setting's applications list. I uninstalled updates and everything went back to normal.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue lately with my vanilla nexus one. I think the market got corrupted when it was updating... the icon changed to a stock icon and "Market" actually disappeared from my applications list. It force closed anytime I accessed the old icon on my home screen.

It was more apparent after a restart what was going on but I found the market application under the name com.android.vending (?) in my setting's applications list. I uninstalled updates and everything went back to normal.

Another thing to try is to log out of your Google Talk and back in again.
Market is somehow tied to your google talk account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez