Win a Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianjacobson

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
simply incredible.

I am going to type an incredibly fast message to my boss tell her that If I don't get an incredible promotion and an incredible raise that she will be incredibly sorry when I quit and take all of her incredible employees with me because they all have an incredible despise for her as well.

chris_t54

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Incredible Contest

I work for a premium Verizon dealer and I'm going to make an INCREDIBLE video using the INCREDIBLE's 8MP Camera while video taping an INCREDIBLE showing new customers how to use Android 2.1's INCREDIBLE features and spreading the love of Android to every woman, man, and child. :D:D but seriously I am doing this!

Last edited:

MrViking

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
With the INCREDIBLE I will be able to do all thing that are INCREDIBLE. I can keep up with the latest on androidcentral.com while destroying all iphone.

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd browse these forums on my phone and comment how incredible it is to be able to write a comment without having to wait for my phone to catch up to my incredibly fast typing. I have a Storm 1, so I think anyone coming from that realizes how incredibly true that statement is.

dcrockett

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I could look incredible in the eyes of my girlfriend

My girlfriend says her mom's phone is better than mine
She is right (ouch)
The incredible would fix that

TumorFishLovesYou

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My incredible girlfriend of 3 years is a tech FREAK just like me, but because of her contract and some poor timing, she is stuck in the past with an old WinMo Omnia (yes, the first one). If I win this incredible Incredible, I will use it instead of the ring I bought when I propose to her, and then will post a picture of her reaction taken with the incredible 8 MP camera! :)

Master906#WP

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible Drroid Incredible

If I had a Droid Incredible I would use the web at blazing fast speeds. I would re-clock the processor to 1.2ghz to optimize Incrediblness. I would watch YouTube day and night and actually make a call. Sprint, which i am using right now, gives me nothing but dropped calls. If I get the Droid Incredible I truely will be incredible. Que the incredible music.

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ah the Incredible. There are many things that I have planned for it and many things it will be used for. The biggest idea behind it all is the idea of convenience and accessibility.

My wife and I are planning 3 big trips coming up in the next 2 months. During each of these trips, I had planned on taking advantage of the incredible and its many different features. First up, our trip to DC. We're going to China to visit my wife's family for about 2 weeks and we need to get visas at the Chinese Consulate. I've been there a few times but I always get lost trying to find certain landmarks. Google Maps was one obvious answer to this as is Layars, as a strong alternative. We can also use these to find hotels, rates, restaurants, and popular tourist areas to see while there. Of course I can plan everything out beforehand with the ease of my computer but that removes all the fun of a family trip, right?

We're also in the process of opening a business in another state. Our next trip after DC is one that will take us to New Jersey. Using the phone's camera features, I will snap pics of the location itself, surrounding businesses, and of course any other notable sights to be shared. Again utilizing all of the previous features from the DC trip to get around. Since I'm working with my parents to setup this shop, I also planned to e-mail the photos directly to them while I'm up there in case they had any concerns over location or quality.

Now, while in China, the Incredible will not be of great use to me it does have other advantages that my wife can take advantage of. Skype Mobile and Google Voice both offer international calling plans that we can use on the go. No longer will we have to be tethered to a desktop or laptop just so she can call her family at a cheap rate. Absolutely Brilliant!

Lastly, while on tethering, the ability to hook the phone up to a laptop to piggyback for internet service. I can't tell you how many times in my travels I would have loved internet to e-mail photos I've edited to clients but had to wait until we got to a hotel or a starbucks that had the option. Sometimes you need it then and there, and this phone will get it done.

I plan to use it to streamline work, make getting around less cumbersome, and to also give my wife something to do, keeping her from noticing that I have no clue where we are or where we're going. :)

c0r3y

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Winning this Droid Incredible would be another piece in my ultimate plan for an absolutely incredible adaptive chameleon suit.

I would velcro multiple modules of offset (so that both a screen and a camera are facing outward on each module) pairs of Droid Incredibles to a full-body suit. Using a custom app that allows the camera unit on each pair to broadcast to a sister video unit on the opposite side of the suit, the modules would work together to hide the wearer by broadcasting the background in any 3G or WiFi environment.

This thing is gonna be incredibly expensive, so winning this unit is essential.

Last edited:

iRyanS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh the things I would do with this phone. I might actually start taking more picutres with that 8MP camera, or Face book and Twitter more. Or just show it off and rub it in the iPhone's face. Oh the things I would do.

dcbelcher

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Super Hero

I help people to get out of debt, budget, and save money. I must be accessible at all times. I am a small business person who prides himself on accessibility and service to my clients. With the right hardware and software, it is my intent to provide my clients the service and accessibility that they were not able to get from their big, TARP bailed out brokers before the financial collapse. That means maintinging retirement accounts, making transactions posible, moving assets when needed, and doing all of this from anywhere.

I have been in an ongoing search for the right handheld machine to accomplish these goals. Below, is my most recent story:

In November of 2009 I was eligible for an upgrade discount from my Blackberry Curve 8300 on Sprint. The Sprint isn't the saddest part of the story.

I was troubled. Should I get the Moment or the Hero? I was coming from a physical keyboard and was leaning toward the Moment, but HTC's Sense UI looked so nice.

I bit the speeding bullet and bought the Hero. With what turned out to be a not so much a leap of a tall building, but a short learning curve, I became familiar and actually liked the soft keyboard that I had chosen.

But there was evil afoot. My Hero went Bizarro. What was supposed to help me became my nemesis. Over the course of a few weeks, my Hero wasn’t there when I needed it. Calls for help would come in, and it wouldn’t answer. When I looked to it for guidance, it would decide that it needed to restart its day. On a trip out of town, it wasn’t there for me 5 times between when my plane landed at 2:30pm and 5:30pm.

I called HQ (Sprint) and was told that they could send me a new Hero or I could visit the local outpost. I found the HQ outpost with the appropriate abilities (service tech) and began my trek.

After waiting for about 30 minutes the local contact told me that they would have to look into the problem and that it would take them an hour. I decided to venture outside and become familiar with my surroundings.

When the deadline had passed, I found my way back to HQ where I was told that they didn't know how to fix my Hero and that they could send me a new one in 2-3 days.

This couldn't be! The people (my clients) could not be properly attended to if my Hero was not on the job. I spoke with the Commissioner (customer service tech’s boss's, boss's, boss's, boss). He wasn't able to offer any assistance.

Time was of the essence. I let them know that the people could not wait and I would not ask them to. I searched for another way.

The situation called for robot like precision. Where to go? What were my options? I could go over to the blue side and live inside an overprotective bubble. I could go to the pink side, where things are seemingly more open, but the citizens (again, clients) may not be able to reach me in times of need. I could opt to move to team red where I would be available at all times.

That choice was clear. The red team offered the coverage and precision that was called for, but who could replace my Hero? There was the possibility for Error(is) but things seemed too much like they used to be. The problems of the past might rear their ugly head. This left but one choice. It offered the hands on accessibility that I had been afforded before (keyboard) but even since I made the choice, the possibilities of being undersized (memory) and overpowered (Snapdragon) have been in the back of my mind.

Truth-be-told, I don't even find myself being as hands on as I used to be (don't use the keyboard).

Mine is a story of decision and uncertainty that I can only hope will be resolved in the next 24 days, or I will be forced to live with my decision, always wondering what might have been.

Last edited:

anyssal_nomad

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
incredible

With an Incedible, I will be able to vanquish all my IPhone lovin' coworkers with lightning quickness. I will be able leap over buildings full of Jobs controlled stores on my way to a Market full of awesome applications. I will be able to scream from the rooftops 'Droid DOES!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38