USB Issues

nseg

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had been running Community ROM 1.3 for a while now and decided since CM7.1 released a stable build I would try that, but since I had been running a Voodoo based ROM I backed up everything and then did restored the phone to Stock using the method I found here:

***READ THIS!!!!!!*** Going from CM7/MIUI/OMFGB to another rom/Unbricking your device - xda-developers

That did return me to stock DL09 and then did the OTA update to ED05 with no problems. Then I went to install CM7.1 using the method listed here:

Samsung Fascinate: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

But I wasn't able to see my phone when I plugged it into the computer. I then tried to use ODIN and it didn't see the phone either. I uninstalled the USB Drivers and Rebooted and Installed the USB Drivers again and 9/10 the phone isn't even detected by the computer (though the phone will charge), and 1/10 times the phone will be detected by the computer, but it says it's an unknown device (and when it's like that ODIN still won't see it but zadig.exe will see the "unknown" device but I can't do anything with it).

Please help. Thanks

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you make sure you enabled USB Debugging in Settings--applications--development? It will default to off. You might check there.

nseg

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had USB Debugging enabled with no luck, so then I tried the "Ask on connection" but never got a prompt on the phone when I plugged it in. Then I tried the "Mass storage" option but it didn't see it as a removable drive either. I've tried it with both a MicroSD card installed and with it removed (just in case that was the issue). I've tried it with the USB cable that came with the phone along with other micro USB cables and on multiple systems (all Win7 64 except for 1 Mac that I tried it on). It wouldn't mount on any of them :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa