lost 3g + wifi after root?

rnfkrha88

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I was using Geewiz 1.1.1 before and when i heard OTA, i when back to stock froyo and got OTA update. Then, I tried to root my phone, so i installed CWM with su+busybox. But after that, i lost 3g sign ! !

Am i the only one who got this problem? or did i do something wrong?
can anyone tell me?

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was using Geewiz 1.1.1 before and when i heard OTA, i when back to stock froyo and got OTA update. Then, I tried to root my phone, so i installed CWM with su+busybox. But after that, i lost 3g sign ! !

can anyone tell me?

after flashing did you clear the cache and devlick cache in cwm before rebooting?

rnfkrha88

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
after flashing did you clear the cache and devlick cache in cwm before rebooting?

yes this is not my first time doing root,

usually, when this kind of situation appeard, i called Verizon and asked them to reset my keys
to get my 3g sign back on. But that mathod also didnt work.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
dial *228, option 1, let it do it's thing, then dial *228, option 2, let it do it's thing. If that doesn't get your wi-fi and data back, try flashing one of the the rooted GB ROMS. I had the same issue the first time I rooted, and flashed GeeWiz and it resolved the issue.

rnfkrha88

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
dial *228, option 1, let it do it's thing, then dial *228, option 2, let it do it's thing. If that doesn't get your wi-fi and data back, try flashing one of the the rooted GB ROMS. I had the same issue the first time I rooted, and flashed GeeWiz and it resolved the issue.

i did that too, but it didnt resolve the problem, so i just re-flash stock froyo and then got ota.
for now, im using stock GB but if someone figure out what was the problem, I will try root again

MartyJW

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I thought I followed all of the instructions to the letter. But Froyo 2.3 did something that prevents a complete root.

Diksxyan III

May 23, 2015
Visit site

can anyone tell me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty