How to go back To stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amyxalot

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm a noob I got all the way through installing the lag fix. a green command prompt said complete press any key to continue then the green window closed out... What is the point of this, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to setup the launcher pro when I click on contacts it gives me this error. could not launch the requested activity and all the icons are white. Is the point of all this, is it to remove BING! I can't understand why they would put Bing on a Google OS for the Facinate

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a noob I got all the way through installing the lag fix. a green command prompt said complete press any key to continue then the green window closed out... What is the point of this, if you don't mind me asking?

That's a good question. Aside from an impressive quadrant score, it seems to be doing more harm than good. My Fascinate flies just as fast without the lag fix as it did with it, yet the consequences of the lag fix when people were upgrading was not good.

I'm trying to setup the launcher pro when I click on contacts it gives me this error. could not launch the requested activity and all the icons are white.

Hold down on the icon and click on change action. Then select the action you want it to launch. I don't know how that icon gets messed up, but it does, and once you fix it that error will not pop up again.

Is the point of all this, is it to remove BING! I can't understand why they would put Bing on a Google OS for the Facinate

One of the reasons to root, is to get rid of Bing. There are plenty of other reasons to, which are listed here and here.

dlawrence127

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
What are the steps on a Mac?

I want to return my phone to stock and take it back; can't handle the GPS and lag BS. probably going to go w/ an incredible.

thoughts?

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I have flashed, system, kernal, and recovery all with success. Am I compeletly free of root? My vibrate function does not work and need to return the phone to VZW and I need to make sure they won't deny me warranty. And my VZW store will plug the phone in and check for any signs of root so hiding the su.apk won't cut it.

I cannot find the SU.apk, nor do I get SU permission in ADB or terminal. I just want to make sure root is entirely gone.

Thanks in advance

sandpharoah

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
MD5 hash value is invalid

Help please!! I am trying to go back to stock and I am following the directions but I am receiving this error message each time I use the file from Odin to recover. I also have tried to edit the file and remove the .md5 and just use .tar. This seems to work but the about 3/4 of the way through I get an Write error. Is my phone completely bricked now??

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Can any one confirm if this method will work? Also what is busy box and how do you put it on your phone? Thanks from a Nanite!
YouTube - Remove Root Access from Samsung Fascinate

I just got kicked off the Good server for work email because I didn't pass the IT Policy...do to my root. :( So I checked this video out and it does seem to remove root. I can no longer use any of my root programs (wifi tether). I haven't gotten reactivated yet for the Good server but do not anticipate any issues. If I have any I'll post back here, but from what I can tell that video does in fact fully remove root.

bill1977

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
confused

I followed this and I still have superuser permissions? I use the market app barnacle and it still allows me to become a hot spot? what else do I need to do to fix this? i need to return my phone to verizon tomorrow. am I missing something?

fandjind

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
new to the android sceen but if I remove root and have an .apk file I have purchased (eg. Shazam Encore) saved to my sd will I still be able to reinstall it and having working ok, or will I have to purchase the program again? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't know too much about android yet. But I pick things up pretty quick. :)

Last edited:

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So im rooted, but no custom roms or anything because i want to wait for 2.2 to come out first... if i use the method mentioned in the first post, is it going completely stock? where i can factory reset and wipe my sd card no problem? or will there be consequences if i mess with the sd card..

stevenduke28

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
fasinate will not unroot!!!!!! PLEASE HELP

So... most features of the phone still seem to be working correctly but now my market will not download anything at all even tho data is working properly. I ran the odin program and each time is says...
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/004> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/004> Please wait..
<ID:0/004> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/004> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> zImage
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
HOWEVER! my superuser icon is still there... and again no apps will download at all even after several battery pulls and master reset. can someone please help me with his... how can i fully remove my root access... also with the adb shell.. how the hell do i use this with my phone... all help is much need and thanked.

jpagano4

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
question in regards to recovery...

Hi Guys...I am new to the forums and think that everyone here does a wonderful job helping out. I am pretty new to Android but I love it so much. So let me begin.

I rooted - flashed a custom rom (jt 1134), love it by the way. Now, just to make sure I can "revert" so I can get the OTA update of froyo, whenever that comes out - I am going through the process in the OP.

My question is in regards to the PIT file. Do I use that each time I run odin for each file? or do I just do that at the end? stupid question?

xezio

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I tried to flash back to the Stock ROM but I am having trouble trying to root it. Also, whenever I reboot my phone, it goes through the set up wizard as if it was my first time booting the phone up. Please advise. Thanks.

camika

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
When I tried to flash back to stock in Odin it just sits at SetupConnection.. but doesn't go any further. Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working?

Update: Never mind I figured out what I was doing wrong, silly me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38