Anyway to get Voice Commands back?

kartoonstew

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So we got rid of bing, but is it possible to install google voice commands on this phone? And if not, will it be soon? My girlfriend has a g1 and the search button not only searches google but also her whole phone, and she can use voice commands to accomplish tasks on the phone. Just wondering if this is possible to install after root, as it is not beforehand.

thanks guys

Mydnightsorrow

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is possible. I can make voice calls from a long hold on my search button. I can ask to navigate to somewhere and it uses google maps. I can speak searches and it will search my phone and the web. Only thing now is to make it so that all this works from the car dock mode. You will have to root your phone and follow the instructions on the post to remove bing

Last edited:

kartoonstew

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been rooted and de-binged, but through a little experimentation I have found the following commands work;

Naviagate to -
Map of -
Directions to -

but whenever I try "call" or "send text" it simply comes up as a google search.

Any thoughts?

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been rooted and de-binged, but through a little experimentation I have found the following commands work;

Naviagate to -
Map of -
Directions to -

but whenever I try "call" or "send text" it simply comes up as a google search.

Any thoughts?

Calling does work, send text will not that is a 2.2 feature only.

missaye

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i was having the same issue, especially with bluetooth, but after re-pairing my device, nuance popped up and i was able to have it call one of my contacts. granted, it doesn't work well, but it appears to be there. vlingo did not work for me when i tried calling a contact. it just opened a search window with attempts to match results.