Remove Bing from URL search

xenade

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, I have not found a way of removing Bing from a URL search. go to the stock browser, and type in something into the URL bar (not a URL) and hit enter. I get routed through bing. does this happen to anyone else? The voice search and regular search both go through google fine for me...
Thanks

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Bing and VZW are built in to the stock browser software, so as long as you are using it you will be using Bing. Seems the most popular third party browser around here is Dolphin HD

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what if you removed the stock browser apk from the system/app folder.

Then reinstall a clean copy of the stock browser from another source.

This may solve the issue.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
what if you removed the stock browser apk from the system/app folder.

Then reinstall a clean copy of the stock browser from another source.

This may solve the issue.

This has been tried and ended in a brick. Since we don't yet have a full recovery for the Fascinate, there hasn't been much work on this. Once we have recovery I expect a lot of these little annoyances to get taken care of.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This has been tried and ended in a brick. Since we don't yet have a full recovery for the Fascinate, there hasn't been much work on this. Once we have recovery I expect a lot of these little annoyances to get taken care of.

ya i wouldn't know either. i rooted and removed stock browser. I've relied on dolphin since day1.