Unsigned update (need CWM)

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Think it's just that you can't install it with the stock recovery. You need to be rooted and using clockwork.

Kinda the opposite actually. A signed ROM can only be installed with the stock recovery (and not ClockworkMod) -as it checks and verifies the signature. An unsigned ROM should be able to be installed by either.

Martian

adamsfbay

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Brandon,

I have a rooted phone (Mac ADB method), no lagfix ever, latest CWM (Odin via PC flashed kernel using your file, installed latest CWM from ROM Manager). I have renamed many of Cory's .apks to .old - but that's it. I renamed the ones back that you listed, above. Download your .zip (have to rezip as my Mac auto unzips). Copy to SD card as a .zip. Boot into CWMR. Apply update via .zip. It opens the update, says "Begin installing" or some such thing, and then just hangs - little progress bar shows no motion, nothing. Left it there for 15 min. I can remove the battery reboot and I'm fine. Any advice? Should I try renaming ALL the .apks to which I've appended .old? Is re-zipping on a Mac doing something? Thanks.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Brandon,

I have a rooted phone (Mac ADB method), no lagfix ever, latest CWM (Odin via PC flashed kernel using your file, installed latest CWM from ROM Manager). I have renamed many of Cory's .apks to .old - but that's it. I renamed the ones back that you listed, above. Download your .zip (have to rezip as my Mac auto unzips). Copy to SD card as a .zip. Boot into CWMR. Apply update via .zip. It opens the update, says "Begin installing" or some such thing, and then just hangs - little progress bar shows no motion, nothing. Left it there for 15 min. I can remove the battery reboot and I'm fine. Any advice? Should I try renaming ALL the .apks to which I've appended .old? Is re-zipping on a Mac doing something? Thanks.

Hey bud,

Sorry for the slow response, I should probably subscribe to this one.

You're doing the part in CWM where you actually browse to your SD card, and then choose this particular file right?

This is strange, because if there are any failures on checking for files you should get an error message. in fact, you should get some sort of output to begin with.

Here's the first wee bit of code from the update..

Code:
mount("BML", "system", "/system");
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DH12:user/release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DI01:user/release-keys");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I500" ||
       getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I500");
ui_print("Verifying current system...");

So it basically checks build.prop first to make sure it's the same as the stock build.prop, then writes to your screen "Verifying current system."

Are you even seeing that text, "Verifying current system"?

Two things to check..

1. If you have modified build.prop for whatever reason in the past, put back the stock build.prop file.

2. Check Settings - About Phone - Baseband Version.. If it's DI01 you may have some how already applied this update.

Obviously if my first questions about applying the update file (not update.zip!) raises some concerns, check out the instructions again and make sure you're following them to the "t"!

adamsfbay

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Brandon,

Thanks!

Yes, I'm browsing in CWM to the .zip of the Unsigned Update file on the SD card.

I've never modified build.prop. I rooted as per Corey's instructions, flashed the kernel and installed CWM per yours. I've changed a few .apk to .apk.old, and I've installed a few SU apps (Busybox, etc). That's it.

I don't see "Verifying current system." It unzips the update, verifies it, then begins install and just hangs.

-Adam

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Check under 'apply update from .zip file on sd card', and do toggle signature verification and toggle script asserts..

they both should be set to disabled...

tchaney86

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the updated baseband D101. Is this supposed to fix the signal quality at all? If so then mine is still horrible and I dont get service in spots that i know I should have full service. Any way to fix this??

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't try this if you have lag-fix installed. I did apply this update on my phone, but I do not have lag-fix installed. Proceed at your own risk.

Brandon - I would like to try the voodoo lagfix and ROM's. I currently have this update installed with a CWM backup of current and before this update. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Which voodoo do you recommend? Any of the overclocked ones? What about ROM's, have you found anyones that work? Probably not for this thread, but I wanted to get your opinion.

VirtualEnder

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I try to install this and I get
Code:
script aborted (no error message) E:Error in /sdcard/unsigned_full_sep22_update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty