Root explorer on my fascinate

Alatus185

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Question about root explorer. First my phone is rooted and I know that a "." in front of a filename is supposed to hide the file. Well using root explorer I went into sdcard/downloads and chose a file to try and hide from the gallery. I add the "." to the front of the file and go to the gallery and even with the file renamed it still shows up. I eventually tried adding a new folder that was hidden and a new file that was ".nomedia". Neither worked as well using root explorer. I downloaded Astro to see if maybe it was the software that wasn't renaming it properly and did the same steps in Astro manager renaming the file with "." in front and then went to the gallery and the files were hidden and couldn't be seen. Does anyone know why Root explorer wouldn't be able to hide files like normal? or if I am just doing something wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Try adding a './' I think though it has something to do with the way Root Explorer was coded to be able to modify files in the system partition of rooted phones.

Wondering though what nudie pics your hiding..... :) Just kidding.