irc dj05 download help

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
No offense, but the DJ05 leak is on IRC for a reason: if you can't figure out how to download from IRC, then you shouldn't worry with installing DJ05 until the experts at XDA feel it's safe for the general public or Verizon pushes it out. Again, I'm not saying this to put you down - I don't even have DJ05 - I just want to make sure no one bricks their phone because of hype like I did. Trust me, after rooting and loading custom ROMs on several Android devices, this one is the easiest to "F-up".

If you still want to know how to download DJ05, just Google "xda fascinate irc channel". Then ask your question in the chat room (AKA "IRC channel").

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but the DJ05 leak is on IRC for a reason: if you can't figure out how to download from IRC, then you shouldn't worry with installing DJ05 until the experts at XDA feel it's safe for the general public or Verizon pushes it out. Again, I'm not saying this to put you down - I don't even have DJ05 - I just want to make sure no one bricks their phone because of hype like I did. Trust me, after rooting and loading custom ROMs on several Android devices, this one is the easiest to "F-up".

If you still want to know how to download DJ05, just Google "xda fascinate irc channel". Then ask your question in the chat room (AKA "IRC channel").

Frankly for as long as this leak has been "in the wild", to not see any sort of ROM adoption or attempt at making an upgrade package likely indicates that it is still really rough around the edges. Best to let this one simmer with the developers unless you really want to learn the ins and outs of dealing with low level drivers and firmwares.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
a post on xda forums tells people not to post the DJ05 rom's since apparently it can be traced back to the person that leaked it. seems like a lot of the people over there have it already and say it's decently stable though.

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
The update is stable and a major improvement to the current DI01 software. The issue is that the update isn't official, and to get the full update, you could potentially brick your device, or create a situation where you can't receive future updates. There are some minor bugs related to the update that may cause what is currently out to not be accepted by Verizon as the official update. Personally, I feel the benefits outweigh the risks, but if you're having trouble figuring out how to get to IRC to download and install the update, it probably isn't for you.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
DJ05 involves unicorns and other mystical things...if you don't have it and don't know how to get it I wouldn't worry about it. And if you do have it your probably not talking about it on here....That being said, I would suggest closing this thread :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
a post on xda forums tells people not to post the DJ05 rom's since apparently it can be traced back to the person that leaked it. seems like a lot of the people over there have it already and say it's decently stable though.

This is the most accurate reason why this update has not been leaked so widely, and I was wrong. I read the announcement at XDA earlier today, and the thread also states that if this person is caught leaking unofficial/unreleased software, he/she could lose their job with Verizon or wherever the source of DJ05 is.

Being an IT professional myself, I can understand why someone would not want to lose such a job. One takes pride in the hard work and extensive experience required to get a job in software development and/or testing. If this were me, and I'm no programmer/developer, just a simple messaging systems admin, I would be protecting myself as well.

With that said, the rumor mill at XDA is that as long as DJ05 testing keeps going so smoothly, the update will start being pushed OTA around 11/29 (next Monday).

So let's sit back, relax, and enjoy what we have. It's Thanksgiving guys and gals! Let's be thankful that we are living in such a modern society that has the advanced technology like Android and other smartphones.

Just think back 10 years ago when all the rave, at least in my hometown, was Nextel 2-way phones, Nokia's first line of almost completely-customizable (visually) cells, and alphanumeric pagers. I think that's about the time RIM's first 2-way alpha pager and basic PDAs hit the market. Now we're itching for larger screens, faster/more CPUs, and faster mobile networks in the cell phone industry.

I think we can wait a few more days/weeks for an update. :)

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
hmmm... it's late in the day and no OTA DJ05 yet... hopefully sometime this week it'll come out, anyone know any info on it?

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i got over my fears, and was able to figure out irc and download files in under an hour. and i am a big newb.

now, still too chicken to load them yet though.

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Maybe the release date was a rumor or when the leak would be put into public domain. I'm content with DI01 until DJ05 voes OTA. And you know how VZW pushes Android updates... 200k users here, 200k users there. Has Big Red sold 400k+ Fascinates? I may have seen the numbers, just can't remember.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been itching for this update to go public. I too heard today's date as the potential release and have been checking for OTA's all day. I'm just not satisfied with the little bugs that ROMs featuring DJ05 have had in my experience so I'm holding out for official. I'm starting to wonder if the official update does have the same problems as the ROMs I've tried such as vibration and that is why it's still not out. When I get it, I want it to be right.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the release date was a rumor or when the leak would be put into public domain. I'm content with DI01 until DJ05 voes OTA. And you know how VZW pushes Android updates... 200k users here, 200k users there. Has Big Red sold 400k+ Fascinates? I may have seen the numbers, just can't remember.

It took them (samsung) 6 weeks to move 1 million units when it was just ATT and Tmobile selling them. Two full months on Big Red and I would be shocked if they alone didn't move 1 million yet.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It took them (samsung) 6 weeks to move 1 million units when it was just ATT and Tmobile selling them. Two full months on Big Red and I would be shocked if they alone didn't move 1 million yet.

vzw has soo many android phones that I wouldn't be surprised if they had trouble moving 1m units... it seems like they market the other droids far more than the fascinate.

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i just made the leap to dj05. so far no big deal except for gps is a lot better. we'll see about the battery. also running voodoo5 with it. which is weird considering i removed the old voodoo.

i don't notice an increase in any kind of speed. so most of the di01 roms are pretty dialed in as far as my experience went.

but this battery still makes me want to cry. its pretty rubbish. i may just have one of those "bad" batteries i keep hearing about.

ccrazythunder

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the most accurate reason why this update has not been leaked so widely, and I was wrong. I read the announcement at XDA earlier today, and the thread also states that if this person is caught leaking unofficial/unreleased software, he/she could lose their job with Verizon or wherever the source of DJ05 is.

Being an IT professional myself, I can understand why someone would not want to lose such a job. One takes pride in the hard work and extensive experience required to get a job in software development and/or testing. If this were me, and I'm no programmer/developer, just a simple messaging systems admin, I would be protecting myself as well.

With that said, the rumor mill at XDA is that as long as DJ05 testing keeps going so smoothly, the update will start being pushed OTA around 11/29 (next Monday).

So let's sit back, relax, and enjoy what we have. It's Thanksgiving guys and gals! Let's be thankful that we are living in such a modern society that has the advanced technology like Android and other smartphones.

Just think back 10 years ago when all the rave, at least in my hometown, was Nextel 2-way phones, Nokia's first line of almost completely-customizable (visually) cells, and alphanumeric pagers. I think that's about the time RIM's first 2-way alpha pager and basic PDAs hit the market. Now we're itching for larger screens, faster/more CPUs, and faster mobile networks in the cell phone industry.

I think we can wait a few more days/weeks for an update. :)

If a person is so proud of the work they do and their job as well as job security then they should have never leaked the update in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being posted in forums and other sites in which someone could download. What an idiot to leak something then afterwards be concerned about the potential consequences of losing your job.

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
If a person is so proud of the work they do and their job as well as job security then they should have never leaked the update in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being posted in forums and other sites in which someone could download. What an idiot to leak something then afterwards be concerned about the potential consequences of losing your job.

I do agree with your statement because the VZW account manager assigned to my company has expressed Big Red's frustration with leaks in general. However, without all of the facts, we can't say for sure if this employee was given permission to share the update with some of XDA's top Android developers and hackers to provide real world testing. This is purely speculation: Verizon alone cannot replicate the vast amount of variables that are present with the millions of Fascinate users and the various third-party apps they have installed.

As a BES admin, I cringe when I hear that Active Sync is being enabled in our new Exchange rollout/upgrade. Again, the many apps available for Android, iOS, WP6.5/7, and WebOS can make for some tricky troubleshooting in some cases. At least with BES, I can look at a user and see what apps are installed, if someone is using Desktop Manager to sync items over USB (in turn disabling OTA sync), and if any service books for personal (BIS) email are present. This gives me a lot of insight into what may be causing an issue.

But this isn't about handset management and support. This is simply a discussion about the ethics of leaking confidential information or software that is in the testing stages.

I honestly feel that device manufacturers and carriers should recognize the fact that there are some very knowledgeable and experienced experts in the Android development community (no claim here as being one), in which they would benefit from using these resources in a limited beta release for a greater testing/feedback base and faster deployment to the masses - much like Microsoft did with Windows 7, except without the openness. The only problem with an open alpha/beta test is the fact that many of us only have 1 Android device and are less willing to install shoddy software at the risk of crippling functionality.

Just my humble opinion. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
verizon can cringe, if they didn't take forever for ota's fewer people would bother with leaks. This fixes the gps, the biggest problem on what many consider their most promising phone. We've been running this with no major problems for close to a month, what's the hold-up? I waited 2 weeks and that was the limit of my patience.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree Nosquid. This is getting ridiculous. We were told this patch would be available end of November/first of December. This is not Froyo. This is a PATCH to fix a miserable GPS issue. I rely on this phone to do what i was told it would do and this is unacceptable. This is my first and last foray into Verizon's world.