Do I need the update?

kriscris

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted and manually debloated fascinate. Meaning I used the .old method to move the bloatware. I also installed CWM and ROM Manager just in case I ever wanted to go any further. All this went off without a hitch.
Other than this my phone is really untouched. A few apps but overall minimal.
Other than the hugely anticipated GPS fix nothing else screams "I need it". I live in the boonies and have witnessed a 10 minute GPS lock time.
Some of the more custom ideas such as themes appeal to me but not something I have tried. Newb question but just looking for some thoughts.
PS my wife has a stock fascinate and has not received any OTA notice if that matters.
Thanks in advance

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted and manually debloated fascinate. Meaning I used the .old method to move the bloatware. I also installed CWM and ROM Manager just in case I ever wanted to go any further. All this went off without a hitch.
Other than this my phone is really untouched. A few apps but overall minimal.
Other than the hugely anticipated GPS fix nothing else screams "I need it". I live in the boonies and have witnessed a 10 minute GPS lock time.
Some of the more custom ideas such as themes appeal to me but not something I have tried. Newb question but just looking for some thoughts.
PS my wife has a stock fascinate and has not received any OTA notice if that matters.
Thanks in advance

When in stock condition (dl01), the gps really sucks. Read up around the forums and learn to flash/push with odin either dl05 or the new dl09 updates. I am on dl05 and my gps locks in 5 to 10 secs. These vzw updates look grim as far as timeframe goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty