Verizon Update Lost Root

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone and was using the new wireless tethering capabilities, well this afternoon I got a system update from Verizon. Well it seems that I have lost the rooted capabilities and when I try to re-root the phone I receive an error saying, "device not found" this happens after powering off the device

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
When my wife's phone got the update I had to "re-root" it. It took about 5 or 6 tries. After it powered off and rebooted, I would unlock the screen and I would get force close errors after a few minutes. Keep trying, it will take eventually...

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
make sure USB debugging is enabled and that keep awake when charging is checked and use the BAT files found in the how to root sticky

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
nothing is working, I don't understand how to unroot if that is what needs to be done first. this odin link that the unroot forum shows does nothing for me. when doing the command prompt I get "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. please help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
nothing is working, I don't understand how to unroot if that is what needs to be done first. this odin link that the unroot forum shows does nothing for me. when doing the command prompt I get "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. please help

did you download android SDK?

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
ok I am currently downloading SDK, what is the next step? I am freaking out about all this. Pretty new to the whole "rooting" business, but seen I could use wireless tethering and couldn't resist. This update from Verizon is definitely not paying off for me, and I have an odd image next to my 3G that looks like a compass or something...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok I am currently downloading SDK, what is the next step? I am freaking out about all this. Pretty new to the whole "rooting" business, but seen I could use wireless tethering and couldn't resist. This update from Verizon is definitely not paying off for me, and I have an odd image next to my 3G that looks like a compass or something...

Sorry bro im at work ill help you when i can, here watch this video it will help you out
YouTube - ANDROID SDK Tools (How-To Install)

that is your GPS it will always be there and when its active you will see waves coming from it

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded SDK and still am getting the "not recognized" prompt after entering "adb devices", i have downloaded ODIN and may try the Dirrk go back to stock method, will that erase all of my apps?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded SDK and still am getting the "not recognized" prompt after entering "adb devices", i have downloaded ODIN and may try the Dirrk go back to stock method, will that erase all of my apps?

does the computer recognize your phone in debugging mode?

Depends, whats the dirrk go back to stock method?

Here is a how to i did recently , if you want the official DL09 use the DI01 file then do an over the air update...if dirk is using the same method,, yes it will wipe your phone clean.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/fas...sh-full-package-dl09-stock-di01-via-odin.html

gjkahane

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, hopefully i will get some help.
my bionic was rooted with the petemorotola soft, everything was perfect. I rooted just to get the wireless tethering apps, after the last verizon update is not working anymore, I tried to unrooted but was impossible.
i didnt change the ROM just for tethering. Any clue for me.
Thanks in advance.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87