NAND Unlock help

rspark520

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, so obviously I have the Fascinate. And I'm really new to the rooting and modifying thing. So I'm kind of learning as I go, but got stuck. There might have been several threads about this already, but I just honestly don't know what to look for. I successfully rooted my phone, but seem to be stuck with the problem of unlocking the NAND? At first I downloaded Titanium Backup, but everytime I tried to back up my current ROM, at the reboot screen it gave me an error. Having something to do with not being able to open the update.zip file. Like I said, I'm REALLY new to this stuff, but I'm just getting lost with some of the jargon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rspark520

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
When you download Rom Manager, at the top there is an option to flash CWM correct? Because if thats what you meant, then I selected that, and it said it downloaded Clockwork. Only after that have I tried to backup my current ROM and it still won't take. I've read through all those articles except for the Modified article, and even still I am having a hard time figuring out why it won't work. It doesn't help that I am unsure of what some of the things written mean.

Also, when I look on my sd card it has a file on there by the name of Clockwork.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you download Rom Manager, at the top there is an option to flash CWM correct? Because if thats what you meant, then I selected that, and it said it downloaded Clockwork. Only after that have I tried to backup my current ROM and it still won't take. I've read through all those articles except for the Modified article, and even still I am having a hard time figuring out why it won't work. It doesn't help that I am unsure of what some of the things written mean.

Also, when I look on my sd card it has a file on there by the name of Clockwork.

I've been at this for a little over a week myself.
First, check the "how to root" thread. Follow it to a T, when this is successful you'll have a new app called "Super User"
Second, Boot into recovery like it says in the appropriate thread, use the controls to make a back up. This is a MUST.
Third, now you can think about flashing ROMS and kernels, or maybe just debloat. I would strongly recommend you do your research first, make sure you understand each item and what it does, and make sure you match your ROMS to the kernel you're using. The kernels are grouped by DI01, DJ05, and DL09 (newest and still buggy), and these come in voodoo, and non-voodoo. Stick to non-voodoo kernels until you're comfortable flashing, and have researched how not to kill your phone when you want to switch back from a voodoo kernel.

rspark520

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I got it all figured out, and it's working great now. I'm quickly learning the ins and outs of this thing. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress