SMS/MMS Issue since DL30

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had almost no issues flashing DL30 but this one.

I noticed since running DL30 that when I try and send a long text, one where it converts it into MMS due to char length my message comes through on the other person's phone as garbage, just random characters. Regular sms texts work fine, it's just MMS.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had almost no issues flashing DL30 but this one.

I noticed since running DL30 that when I try and send a long text, one where it converts it into MMS due to char length my message comes through on the other person's phone as garbage, just random characters. Regular sms texts work fine, it's just MMS.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

start by trying handscent from the market. do the same thing you did with the stock mms app. if everything is good, then either stick with handcent of reflash the stock mms. if it isnt good.....well we will figure something out. start there.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I already use handcent, I've tried sending messages with both stock and handcent and I still have the same issue

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
not a prob, I'm at work so I have plenty of free time =)

ok i just sent some pics to my wife (none of your buisness :p ) and she got them fine. so im good on the mms thing. so it has to be something on your rom. did you wipe data and cache? have you wiped data and cache since you got the problem? if you havent, try that. if you have, flash a new rom. dont forget to wipe data and cache and dalvic cache.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I flashed Adrynalyne's Superclean 1.0 wiped data/cache/dalvik cache beforehand

I'll try wiping the data and cache again, see if it does anything

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually lemme back up all my stuff and reflash it, see if it fixes the problem. Which is a good kernel that works with DL30? I'm using the stock DL09 atm.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just read that again and remembered while I was redoing my phone.

Seems to work ok, appends a bunch of @ signs between each "page" break on the receiving person's phone though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii