Mac instuctions and Download for DL30?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can push CWM using ADB in terminal, and then flash from there. Follow this thread, and once you have CWM you can flash DL30 (or any other ROM) and the new CWM

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Have you had any experience with it?

I have it installed on my ubuntu 10.10 and 10.04 systems. The biggest difference is that you need to extract the modem.bin file and flash it instead of flashing the whole.tar file as you do in Odin. The README file in each of the systems gives instructions for flashing and using Heimdall in those systems. Make sure you read, read, read. Otherwise you'll have to resort to Windblows and Odin, or ADB which is my personal favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbr05ki

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok so i downloaded heimdall. So how do i install EB01 on my fascinate using this program? i never worked with things like this before

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
nvm im reading the guide you posted now, ill post if i cant figure it out

Yes, read through that. There should also be a README file in the OSX folder of the source you downloaded. Open it and read it as well. Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
cant even get heimdall to run on my mac. i installed the heimdall suite 1.1.1 (binaries) from the link on the website. it installed but wont open, and then mac osx pops up with an error package to send to apple.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Heimdall – Glass Echidna

What platforms does Heimdall run on?
Linux, OS X and Windows (XP, Vista, 7 etc.)

Although Heimdall runs on OS X all Galaxy S devices tested thus far contain a bug in the secondary boot loader that prevents the device registering itself with OS X. This may change if Samsung release an updated secondary boot loader.

Update: Samsung have released an updated secondary bootloader that corrects the issue. The correct bootloader is included in the official Froyo release. Obviously you have to get Froyo on your device somehow, but from then on it?s smooth sailing.
Note: Keep in mind if the version of Froyo you?re running is not official then the updated Sbl.bin may not have been included.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez