Which Clockwork is recommended as of 3-1-11?

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Which clockwork is the latest recommended working version? With so many pages and so many comments, can we strip it down to a link here that we can then close so as not to confuse users with 100+ pages of comments or at least create a sticky that can be updated with a date so users know?

These lengthy threads get way too confusing. Mods and Admins do a great job but essential info does not need many pages of comments, those should be separate threads. Just mho.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Which clockwork is the latest recommended working version? With so many pages and so many comments, can we strip it down to a link here that we can then close so as not to confuse users with 100+ pages of comments or at least create a sticky that can be updated with a date so users know?

These lengthy threads get way too confusing. Mods and Admins do a great job but essential info does not need many pages of comments, those should be separate threads. Just mho.

Are you talking like color or what? Pretty sure most of the newer roms have it pre loaded.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Latest is HERE

Reactions: vluc

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking like color or what? Pretty sure most of the newer roms have it pre loaded.

No roms never come with clockwork installed.

my odin packages have clockwork but not the latest,,i can not use the latest because it boots directly into clockwork which doesnt allow the phone to wipe cache and/or data which cause all sort of FC issues

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
"if it aint broke, dont fix it" lol. i got got CW when I got DL30 from Xcon's write-up and now running 2.6 with his .tar file...i guess the older one works just as well? does this newer version have something different?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
"if it aint broke, dont fix it" lol. i got got CW when I got DL30 from Xcon's write-up and now running 2.6 with his .tar file...i guess the older one works just as well? does this newer version have something different?

that version you are using may work but there are alot of things that may not be working that you are unaware of such as advanced settings, nandroids may not work etc...

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No roms never come with clockwork installed.

my odin packages have clockwork but not the latest,,i can not use the latest because it boots directly into clockwork which doesnt allow the phone to wipe cache and/or data which cause all sort of FC issues

Can't you perform cache/data wipes in clockwork? I know that I am probably missing something obvious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
If it aint broke don't fix it is a great mantra, but why can't CWM just have a rev number and why can't we just say "you need to use Rev x for rom y"? Honestly, not to be disruptive but this "well it should be red" or "well it should be green" or "go to this [link] but i wont say what it is exactly" is just unproductive...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Very good reasons why we can't do that ..because cwm was never completed by the developer..some of the changes made were by the devs and I'm not sure why but I think the rev numbers are the same so that won't help...green was done away with at this point....joe maybe you can help out and make a thread describing all the changes and developments over the last couple of months...i would do it but I barely have time to sleep . Plus Im always trying to help people here so I'm short on time as is to do research...so if you can it would be helpful if you can do the research and maybe make a thread with downloads and lists of all the changes..this would probably be a great help ...
If it aint broke don't fix it is a great mantra, but why can't CWM just have a rev number and why can't we just say "you need to use Rev x for rom y"? Honestly, not to be disruptive but this "well it should be red" or "well it should be green" or "go to this [link] but i wont say what it is exactly" is just unproductive...

Reactions: Brettdacosta

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Does ODIN always clear out your data or will it install this without the wipe? I've only used it to flash full packages or when doing a complete radio, rom, kernel install.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Very good reasons why we can't do that ..because cwm was never completed by the developer..some of the changes made were by the devs and I'm not sure why but I think the rev numbers are the same so that won't help...green was done away with at this point....joe maybe you can help out and make a thread describing all the changes and developments over the last couple of months...i would do it but I barely have time to sleep . Plus Im always trying to help people here so I'm short on time as is to do research...so if you can it would be helpful if you can do the research and maybe make a thread with downloads and lists of all the changes..this would probably be a great help ...

Excellent idea, danny. I think that's an awesome idea! Hope someone more experienced than me could come through with it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non