Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE 04/07: huge overhaul to clockworkmod:
  • Now called redrecovery
  • Now contains both 2.1 and 2.2 versions in one package
  • Has device detection
  • Integerated permission fix to (hopefully) eliminate file copy failure
UPDATE 03/28: pushtosdcard and root now have device detection! (root is still beta, please test!)

Post #1: FAQ
Post #2: 1-click-pushtosdcard (automated moving files to your phones sdcard)
Post #3: 1-click-root/unroot (automated rooting and unrooting)
Post #4: 1-click-redrecovery (automated installation of Red recovery)
Post #5: How to install zip from recovery. (Froyo, themes, other kernels)
Post #6: Credits

----------------------------------------------------

WARNING! Currently the only way to go 100% back to stock and “de-void” your warranty is by using Odin. Also, you must have at least DL09 before upgrading to Froyo. You can get this OTA from Verizon.

PLEASE NOTE: All Hacks and modifications made to your phone are done at your own risk. Neither Android central nor I are responsible for what you do to your phone. So proceed with caution and watch carefully, read carefully and ask questions.

FAQ:

Q: Will these work on Tiger (10.4)

A: No, these 1-clicks are only compatible with Leopard (10.5) or Snow Leopard (10.6).

Q: Do I need Bootcamp for these mods?

A: No, all these mods can be done solely on your Mac. However, if you need to go back to completely stock, you will need Bootcamp or a PC with access to Odin.

Q: Does pushing files to sdcard require root?

A: No, this will work on 100% stock.

Q: Does pushing files to sdcard work with directories?

A: No, only individual files can be pushed.

Q: Will pushing files to sdcard void my warranty?

A: No, this does not touch the systems files on your phone.

If anyone has any problems or questions, please feel free to post them. Please also post if you are successful.

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Post #2: 1-click-pushtosdcard (automated moving files to your phones sdcard)

Tip: I recommend extracting the files to your desktop or the root of your hard drive. Also, I recommend putting the file you want to push on your desktop or the root of your hard drive.

1. Download and extract:
  2. Enable USB debugging and Stay awake under Settings > Applications > Development, leave the phone in the Development window
  3. Plug your phone into your computer
  4. Double click pushtosdcard.app inside the 1-click folder, follow on screen instructions
  5. When the file has finished copying, close terminal

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Post #3: 1-click-root/unroot (automated rooting and unrooting)

Note: First time rooters may take up to 10 minutes! Do not panic, just be patient.

Tip: I recommend extracting the files to your desktop or the root of your hard drive.

For DI01, DL09, EA28, or EB01:
  1. Download and extract (v1.1 has device detection):
  2. Enable USB debugging and Stay awake under Settings > Applications > Development, leave the phone in the Development window
  4. Double click root.app inside the 1-click-root folder, confirm install (process should take about a minute)
  5. When Superuser.apk is finished installing, reboot your phone
  6. Close terminal

Congrats! You now have root.

For an in depth video tutorial on rooting manually, see Cory Streater's Rooting Using a Mac (Video Tutorial).

To unroot:
  1. Download and extract:
  4. Double click unroot.app inside the 1-click-remove-root folder, confirm uninstall (process should take about a minute)
  5. Your phone will be rebooted automatically
  6. Close terminal

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Post #4: 1-click-clockworkmod (automated installation of Red recovery)

Note: You must have at least DL09 to upgrade to Froyo. You can get that OTA from verizon. Also, your phone must be rooted to install clockworkmod. See 1-click-root.

Tip: I recommend extracting the files to your desktop or the root of your hard drive.

Prep:
  1. Download and extract:
  4. Double click redrecovery.app

For DL09 or EA 28 who want to upgrade to Froyo (2.2):
  1. Choose "Install 1st:Kernel"
  2. Choose "Yes - I want to install 2.2":
  3. Confirm install (process should take about a minute):
  4. Phone will be rebooted automatically if first step was successful
  5. When your phone boots back up, double click redrecovery.app, choose "Install 2nd: Red Recovery", confirm install (process should take less than 20 seconds):
  6. Phone will be rebooted automatically if second step was successful
  7. Close terminal

For DI01, DL09, or EA 28 who want to stay with Eclair (2.1):
  1. Choose "No - I'm staying on 2.1":
  2. Repeat process above

For EB01 (this will only work on stock Froyo):
  1. Choose "Install 2nd: Red Recovery":
  2. Double click redrecovery.app
  3. Confirm install (process should take about a minute):
  4. Phone will be rebooted automatically if this step was successful
  5. Close terminal

Congrats! You now have red recovery.

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Post #5: How to install zip from recovery. (Froyo, themes, other kernels)

WARNING: You must have at least DL09 to upgrade to Froyo. You can get this OTA from Verizon.

1. Download your flavor of 2.2 from:
4. Use 1-click-pushtosdcard to put the ROM on your sdcard.
3. Boot into recovery:
  • shut down phone
  • press and hold both the volume up and volume down keys
  • press power button and continue to hold volume keys
4. Once in recovery, using the volume buttons to scroll and back button to select:
  • install zip from sdcard
  • choose zip from sdcard
  • select ROM zip file
  • choose yes
5. When the installation finishes, use the menu button to back out to the main menu, and select reboot system now

Congrats! You now have Froyo.

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Post #6: Credits

Credits:
  • DroidXcon ? For all his help and support during the development process. Thanks!
  • Sebastian Krahmer - His C skills for developing the code necessary to exploit the root. Please see fit to donate via Paypal to 7-4-3-C@web.de.
  • Android Central Member Cory Streater for putting together a list of commands for Mac's.
  • Android Central Member Dirrk for posting his version of the steps necessary to root via PC (which Cory modified to be Mac compatible), his time and efforts assisting many of the forum members as they went through his procedure, and finally developing a PC compatible 1-click root method, that packages up all the commands in a nice tidy batch file.

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Excellent resources for Mac users, thank you for this!

Only question I have is how does the user get the radio flashed for each ROM?

Thanks!

I knew there was a reason to reserve an extra post ;)

Currently the radio isnt affected by these methods. I'm currently running the DL09 radio with SC 2.8, and its working perfectly. GPS works great too.

If it starts to be an issue, I can try to make a 1-click-radio as well.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
So i tried to update from superclean 2.6 to 2.8. I downloaded zip file, put it in my sd card, utilized rom manager to boot up to recovery mode, found zip file and tried to install. I got this error message:

ammend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when updating to the clockwork 3.0 gingerbread based recovery to create working update zip packages.

It does not install it. Also tried to install zip from sd card option with rom manager but does not install as well.

Any suggestions?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So i tried to update from superclean 2.6 to 2.8. I downloaded zip file, put it in my sd card, utilized rom manager to boot up to recovery mode, found zip file and tried to install. I got this error message:

ammend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when updating to the clockwork 3.0 gingerbread based recovery to create working update zip packages.

It does not install it. Also tried to install zip from sd card option with rom manager but does not install as well.

Any suggestions?

Did you click Flash ClockwormMod Recovery in ROM Manager?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i did that and its current recovery: clockworkmod 3.0.0.8

You need to have clockworkmod 2.5.0.4. Go back into the ROM manager and see if you can re-flash that recovery using the item at the bottom of the list, should be All ClockworkMod Recoveries.

If that doesnt work, try running the cwm.app inside the 1-click-clockworkmod folder again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Any suggestions?

where in the directions did he say to flash rom manager, in another thread? He will have to fix that

you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

then try to boot into recovery and try again

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
where in the directions did he say to flash rom manager, in another thread? He will have to fix that

you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

then try to boot into recovery and try again

So what do i try first?? Re-installing previous version or replacing the update.zip file?? Rom manager did not allow me to intall previous version so im dl the one click cwm again. Im doing it via wireless tethering since my work comp has the website blocked.

I tried dl the update.zip but the website said i have exceeded my downloads. Any other way to obtain it?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So what do i try first?? Re-installing previous version or replacing the update.zip file?? Rom manager did not allow me to intall previous version so im dl the one click cwm again. Im doing it via wireless tethering since my work comp has the website blocked.

I tried dl the update.zip but the website said i have exceeded my downloads. Any other way to obtain it?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17469382/update.zip

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Do both, replace the update.zip file, and run cwm.app again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did the update replacement and i think it worked. Phone rebooted and is working properly. Newbie question: how do i know if superclean 2.8 has been installed?? Currently is says kernal version 2.6.32.9. Is there anything i can look at to see whats installed?

pull down the notificaton bar, you will see it say SC2.8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam