For Real this time: EB16 Kernels

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
And for now it will continue to be the same on Froyo. The EB16 kernel is actually not a true, pure EB16 kernel. EB16 is actually the latest Froyo build for the Samsung Mesmerize for US Cellular. The Fascinate and the Mesmerize are both model # SCH-I500, so basically the same phone. Adrynalyne took parts of the EB16 kernel and blended it with parts of the EB01 kernel. That is why you are still seeing the kernel version from when you were on a pure EB01 kernel.

is it possible to flash a modem/radio from dl09 with eb16 kernel ..I read that some experienced much better battery life with it?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is it possible to flash a modem/radio from dl09 with eb16 kernel ..I read that some experienced much better battery life with it?

I would think it is possible since you can be on the DL09 modem with the EB01 kernel. Just remember that without a custom or undervolted kernel (which we don't have yet for EB01) everyone's mileage will vary when it comes to battery life. So don't think you did anything wrong if you do not see a significant difference in battery life by switching to the DL09 modem. Battery life is an issue with the EB01 build and for the most part we are just stuck with it for now.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I would think it is possible since you can be on the DL09 modem with the EB01 kernel. Just remember that without a custom or undervolted kernel (which we don't have yet for EB01) everyone's mileage will vary when it comes to battery life. So don't think you did anything wrong if you do not see a significant difference in battery life by switching to the DL09 modem. Battery life is an issue with the EB01 build and for the most part we are just stuck with it for now.

alright ..the modem is in a .tar file, so does that mean I need to use odin to flash?

Bad Bimr

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this yesterday and now the phone won't connect to my car's Bluetooth. Had no issues before. Anyone else with the same problem?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Big thanks to DroidX & Landshark ...babysitting the noobies like me 24/7, I know it has to be tedious & ya'll do an Amazing job, responding promptly & without ridicule b/c I know some of my questions are like pre-noob ..much props to you both

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a DL09 modem and just flashed the EB16 Kernel 2 days ago and my baterrey life is excellent! I can go about 15 hours off the charger and still have 15% left. My original reason for changing to the DL09 modem over the EB01 modem was my GPS wasnt locking on and now with the DL09 it locks on in about 10 seconds. Im very satisfied with my setup right now....next you know Adrynalyne will come out with another release of something to make it even better!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Big thanks to DroidX & Landshark ...babysitting the noobies like me 24/7, I know it has to be tedious & ya'll do an Amazing job, responding promptly & without ridicule b/c I know some of my questions are like pre-noob ..much props to you both

You're welcome. We all started from the same place.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a DL09 modem and just flashed the EB16 Kernel 2 days ago and my baterrey life is excellent! I can go about 15 hours off the charger and still have 15% left. My original reason for changing to the DL09 modem over the EB01 modem was my GPS wasnt locking on and now with the DL09 it locks on in about 10 seconds. Im very satisfied with my setup right now....next you know Adrynalyne will come out with another release of something to make it even better!

EB01 modem, EB16 kernel, 8 hours off charger right now and still at 66%. If I'm outside, GPS locks in less than 5 seconds, indoors 10-15 seconds. I'm so happy with my current set up I could burst. Different set ups produce different results because it's more than just simply the kernel/modem combination. It's everything you have in your setup. Make sure you thank the heck out of Adrynalyne, and if he does put out a new release I'm sure we will be even happier with that one.

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. We all started from the same place.

You all just say that to make the rest of us feel better. I wouldn't doubt droidxcons first work as a toddler was clockworkmod. Haha but seriously again thank you to all for the help you provide. I've never been a big forums person, but this one just feels right.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You all just say that to make the rest of us feel better. I wouldn't doubt droidxcons first work as a toddler was clockworkmod. Haha but seriously again thank you to all for the help you provide. I've never been a big forums person, but this one just feels right.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Definitely not in my case. Two months ago DroidXcon had to hold me by the hand and painstakingly walk me through rooting step by step. I was lost and had the 7 mile stare in a 50 foot room. :D

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Landshark

Definitely not in my case. Two months ago DroidXcon had to hold me by the hand and painstakingly walk me through rooting step by step. I was lost and had the 7 mile stare in a 50 foot room. :D

Hey Landhsark, by the looks of that picture of yours, you still have the seven mile stare. Put these :cool: on, and no one will notice that you used to look like :( and :-\ and :'(

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Landhsark, by the looks of that picture of yours, you still have the seven mile stare. Put these :cool: on, and no one will notice that you used to look like :( and :-\ and :'(

Haha! That's very close to the 7 mile stare in a 50 foot room, but it's actually the look of awe and amazement at how good 2.9 is. Maybe I'll try some photoshopping and add some shades to the shark. :cool:

crakedparrot

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Installed this kernel and everything seemed to go well Except, when I plug in usb cable nothing happens, phone shows charging but no mass storage connection nor does the lloyd ask if I want usb mass storage.

I'm using eb01 deoxed/deblot. any ideas?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Installed this kernel and everything seemed to go well Except, when I plug in usb cable nothing happens, phone shows charging but no mass storage connection nor does the lloyd ask if I want usb mass storage.

I'm using eb01 deoxed/deblot. any ideas?

Under menu=>settings=>applications=>development, do you have usb debugging checked? If not that is your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non