[ODIN] Official Froyo ED01 packaged custom ROMs w/Root - Updated 06/12/11

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Everyone should already know DroidXcon was the one who originally gave us Fascinate owners these ODIN packages. Unfortunately his phone became hard bricked when it fell off his desk while helping someone here in the forums. I offered to help, and DroidXcon spent several hours walking me through the necessary steps to create the ODIN packages. This once again demonstrates his selflessness and willingness to do anything to help us. So all credit goes to him, I am simply following his exact instructions and continuing his work.

[note]Besides DroidXcon, I want to also give credit where credit is due. Android Central Moderator Adrynalyne, one of the great devs working on the Fascinate among other phones, took time out of his busy schedule to Debloat, Debing, and Deodex the ED01 official Froyo OTA release to give us that ROM. Adrynalyne again and the rest of TeamSbrissenMod - sbrissen, nisuj17, nemesis2all, gizmodroid, sunder74, gunnermike53, & js123, and anyone else who had a part in putting together or testing this collaborative effort known as Community ROM or Ultimate KangBang. Devs jt1134 and GizmoDroid collaborated and provided us with the current, functioning CWM linked to in this thread. imnuts for his kernel which seems to have been the key to get the Comm ROM packages to flash and load. So thank you so much to all of you for everything you have done and continue to do for the Fascinate and the Fascinate community......[/note]

[warn]Android Central and I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc. We all flash things onto our phones at our own risk. Also if you are coming from a voodoo setup, you will need to disable voodoo lag fix prior to flashing. After clean install and full reboot, you can boot to cwm, flash your voodoo kernel of choice, then enable lag fix and reboot. I NOW INCLUDE IMNUTS' -50mv NONVOODOO KERNEL IN THE COMM ROM PACKAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO WORK TO ALLOW THE ROM TO FLASH IN ODIN AND COMPLETELY LOAD. AFTER THE ROM COMPLETELY LOADS, YOU CAN STICK WITH THAT KERNEL TO SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOU CAN SAFELY BOOT TO CWM AND FLASH THE VOODOO OR NONVOOODOO KERNEL OF YOUR CHOICE.[/warn]

DroidXcon's original ODIN content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html
ED01 DB/DO original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tock-ed01-rooted-ed01-debloated-debinged.html
CWM 3.x original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046905
Community ROM original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-rom-5-07-2011-ed01-community-rom-v1-3-a.html
Community ROM 2.0 original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108991
Imnuts original PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel content here: [KERNEL][04-26-11][TW][AOSP] PeanutButta Jelly Time - xda-developers

The Debloated packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel for now.
The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel.
There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

**Update 05/17**
- Switched from times_infinity's ComaVolt nonvoodoo kernel to imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvooodoo kernel in Community ROM packages
- Added wipe versions of the Comm ROM package
- Community ROM packages contain v 1.3

**Update 06/12**
- Added Community ROM 2.0 packages

To install ODIN packages on your device
1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
Debloated
Use this version if you are coming from an Eclair build (EA28, DL09, DH12, DI01.) This version will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up: ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar Use this version if you are already on a Froyo Build (DL30, EB01, EC01, or stock ED01.) This version will not wipe your data: ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

Community ROM
CR 1.3 These versions will not wipe your data This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel: CR_EC01_NutsX_Shark.tar This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio for those who have the ED01 radio modem or just want to keep their current modem/radio: CR_NoModem_NutsX_Shark.tar These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel CR_EC01_Nuts_Shark.tar This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio CR_NoModem_Nuts_Shark.tar ***Installation instructions for Comm ROM 2.0 recommend a data wipe. If you choose to use a no wipe version and end up with force closes or other problems that is not my fault nor the fault of anyone from the team that developed the ROM. You can correct those problems by then flashing a wipe version. You have been warned, flash at your own risk*** CR 2.0 These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnut's 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK.tar This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel CR20_NOMODEM_NUTS_SHARK.tar These versions will not wipe your data This version contains the EC01 radio/modem and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel CR20_EC01_NUTSx_SHARK.tar This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel CR20_NOMODEM_NUTSx_SHARK.tar

[tip]After downloading these files you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .[/tip]

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWM 3.x HERE
5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
7.) Remove battery from phone.
8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
14.) Phone will power down when finished.
15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
16.) Power down phone, remove battery.
17.) Open ODIN.
18.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
19.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
20.) Find and double click the CWM 3.x file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
21.) Phone will power down again.
22.) Close ODIN
23.) Reinsert battery.
24.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)

Last edited:

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Landshark. Thanks for the work you and the rest of the dedicated devs do around here! I've been rooted for a while, but I held off on the leaked builds. I oat'd to 2.2 and all has been well, minus the bloat. I've never experienced debloated before and I'm liking it very much thanks the odin package you put together. I'm also hoping that doing the battery calibration procedure outline here on the forums helps the poor battery life after updating to Froyo.

My question is, is this Oden pacakge supposed to get rid of all traces of Bing? Because Bing is still the default search engine and the app is still there. I'm new to all this but I'm a quick study.

History of my phone is box stock ota'd to Eclair EA28. Rooted via you fine people here to take advantage of wifi tether, etc. Ota'd to Froyo and lost root. Rerooted after flashing CWM All and booting into recovery. Was looking good, charged to 100% and used the battery calibration app to calibrate battery. Then I saw you threa, thank you very much, LOL! Had to flash a bebloated, deodexed, debinged stock Froyo rom on the Saturday night before Easter Sunday, LOL! Anyway, all looks good accept for Bing still being there. Maybe there's more I need to do?

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! I may take back what I said about waiting for the community rom and try this out...since it's an all in one lol. You guys are the best, thanks a ton!! :)

Also, the froyo package doesn't wipe data. Is it advised to wipe data? Or just cache and dalvik? Or just leave phone as is, no wipes and just odin? I read in some other threads that wiping the data causes bootloops so I just want to make sure.

Last edited:

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just to make sure I'm reading this right, the ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar contains the EC01 radio/modem and not ED01 radio/modem? Is there really any difference in the two?

+1 on the great work you guys are doing! :cool:

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's like that because there isn't a ED01 modem by itself yet? I could be wrong though. Either that or the EC01 modem is slightly better, not really sure.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure I'm reading this right, the ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar contains the EC01 radio/modem and not ED01 radio/modem? Is there really any difference in the two?

It says EC01, and to my knowledge there isn't. I'm pretty positive the EC01 build is the ED01 build, but the ED01 is the official froyo.

I ran EC01, went back to stock to get the ED01 modem and didn't notice a big change.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I may take back what I said about waiting for the community rom and try this out...since it's an all in one lol. You guys are the best, thanks a ton!! :)

Also, the froyo package doesn't wipe data. Is it advised to wipe data? Or just cache and dalvik? Or just leave phone as is, no wipes and just odin? I read in some other threads that wiping the data causes bootloops so I just want to make sure.

The second package does not wipe data. No need to wipe data when you are already on a Froyo rom. And this package will wipe cache partition so you can just flash away

Community ROM is still being worked on. Don't know how much longer til they release it.

Reactions: stilltipin87

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, ED01 modem not leaked yet and no way to pull it out of the OTA. So EC01 for now. Not much of a difference. I have seen people say they are getting better GPS locks with ED01 modem, but everyone's GPS results have varied greatly with different modems

Reactions: Hotweelz

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Great Work Sharky and DX! You two together making these packages are unstoppable. Lets hope the Developers keep up there awesome work as well. Terrific job you really r a quick learner! THANKS!:)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Landshark. Thanks for the work you and the rest of the dedicated devs do around here! I've been rooted for a while, but I held off on the leaked builds. I oat'd to 2.2 and all has been well, minus the bloat. I've never experienced debloated before and I'm liking it very much thanks the odin package you put together. I'm also hoping that doing the battery calibration procedure outline here on the forums helps the poor battery life after updating to Froyo.

My question is, is this Oden pacakge supposed to get rid of all traces of Bing? Because Bing is still the default search engine and the app is still there. I'm new to all this but I'm a quick study.

History of my phone is box stock ota'd to Eclair EA28. Rooted via you fine people here to take advantage of wifi tether, etc. Ota'd to Froyo and lost root. Rerooted after flashing CWM All and booting into recovery. Was looking good, charged to 100% and used the battery calibration app to calibrate battery. Then I saw you threa, thank you very much, LOL! Had to flash a bebloated, deodexed, debinged stock Froyo rom on the Saturday night before Easter Sunday, LOL! Anyway, all looks good accept for Bing still being there. Maybe there's more I need to do?

The Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged ROM from Adrynalyne is supposed to make Google the default search engine. The bing maps icon is still there, but Google is supposed to be the default from what I understood. I'll check with Adry for clarification.

Last edited:

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged ROM from Adrynalyne is supposed to make Google the default search engine. The bing app and the icons are still there, but Google is supposed to be the default from what I understood. I'll check with Adry for clarification.

Thanks my friend. I love this place! Happy Easter Landshark.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged ROM from Adrynalyne is supposed to make Google the default search engine. The bing app and the icons are still there, but Google is supposed to be the default from what I understood. I'll check with Adry for clarification.

I just flashed and google is my default search engine.

EDIT- I'm getting FC with touchwiz launcher. I tried clearing twlauncher data but didn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landshark