Fascinate and Stock 2.3

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No its not available but you could find a port. Yes the fascinate should be able to handle it. I know there are gingerbread roms available for the captivate. Their not perfect yet, but they are a work in progress.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No its not available but you could find a port. Yes the fascinate should be able to handle it. I know there are gingerbread roms available for the captivate. Their not perfect yet, but they are a work in progress.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

There are actually two roms for the facsinate running on CM7. Which is a gingerbread build.

Jt-[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.0.0 ALPHA - 4/21/11 - xda-developers
Kaoscinate-[ROM] [ALPHA] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V5 - xda-developers

They are both in early alpha.

If you are going to try a GB rom on the Fascinate, ONLY use one of the two linked by pikante. DO NOT try to flash any of the Captivate roms on the Fascinate. They are GSM, we are CDMA. Different systems. Those ROMs would need to be ported over by the devs and I don't see that happening since they are already working on GB roms and are only a few (albeit completely frustrating, maddening, and extremely difficult to fix) problems away from being fully functional ROMs.

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, new to modding android and the fascinate is my first android device.

The only other question I have is, can you disable typewiz ui because I hate the way it looks, which is why I want a stock android build. I have rooted and started getting the bloat frozen, and oc'd my fascinate but still not happy with the TW UI.