Power Consumption - microbes live wallpaper

jeff_k

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about power consumption of this live wallpaper (I am on ComRom 1.3). System panel lite is reporting hours of CPU time that it is using (comparable in time to the launcher), even when I know that the amount of time the display is on is a small fraction of that time. I would expect that a live wallpaper would only be "active" while the screen is on. Is this not the case? Are those microbes busy gobbling up food while the display is off?? Is there a way to get wallpapers like this to only perform those activities while the display is on, or is that the nature of the "beasts"?

I love the wallpaper, and don't mind spending a LITTLE power for it to run, but that seems prohibitive.

Thanks, Jeff

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine it's different than any other live wallpaper, which will obviously be more taxing than a static image, but shouldn't be anything of a major factor. If you're having battery issues, there are many more major culprits to address than your wallpaper choice (usage, screen brightness, background data/syncs, etc).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine it's different than any other live wallpaper, which will obviously be more taxing than a static image, but shouldn't be anything of a major factor. If you're having battery issues, there are many more major culprits to address than your wallpaper choice (usage, screen brightness, background data/syncs, etc).

He lives :)
Oh and +1
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jeff_k

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I found that for whatever reason, both the Microbes live wallpaper and my email app were consuming a ridiculous amount of CPU time (and therefore power). A reboot and an update/install of the email app resulted in the normal behavior - only a few seconds of CPU time in a few hours rather than a few hours in a few hours.

Not sure what caused it, but it ended up being pretty simple to fix.