Who is still running Super Clean?

matt13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am on SC 2.8 and loved it. Notice the past tense. The last few days I have been having force close issues and reboot issues. Sometimes when I plug my phone into the car charger it reboots and gets stuck on the pretty loading screen. I was thinking about going back to stock and then getting the Froyo OTA update. Now I am wondering what ComRom and KangBang are...

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am on SC 2.8 and loved it. Notice the past tense. The last few days I have been having force close issues and reboot issues. Sometimes when I plug my phone into the car charger it reboots and gets stuck on the pretty loading screen. I was thinking about going back to stock and then getting the Froyo OTA update. Now I am wondering what ComRom and KangBang are...

COMROM and Kang Bang are one in the same. Check out my post from a couple of days ago. Landshark's odin package makes the upgrade easy.

Mike

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just recently upgraded to the Comm Rom that was posted by LandShark in the AC forums that's stickied. No problems so far, except when using the MIUI Lockscreen and unlocking the Messaging one; phone reboots. No biggie though, just wont use that Lockscreen.

HOWEVER, Comm Rom 2.0 just came out and I feel a little...ugh? (best way to describe my feelings)
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how to apply themes to the Comm Rom is it simple as just copying/pasting to the root of my SD card and then installing from CWM?

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly how you do it. And 2.0 is worth the time to upgrade to.

I read in the recent Com Rom 2.0 thread that you need to wipe data/cache/davlik..Does nandroid backup make like an image of your system or ONLY the data/system?

I want to upgrade, but not sure exact how to do it..

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I read in the recent Com Rom 2.0 thread that you need to wipe data/cache/davlik..Does nandroid backup make like an image of your system or ONLY the data/system?

From what I have been told on the 1.3 thread. Nandroid makes an image backup. I have my sc292 backed up and am currently on compromise 1.3. I've had no reason to restore

Mike

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

park_timmy

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No problems so far, except when using the MIUI Lockscreen and unlocking the Messaging one; phone reboots. No biggie though, just wont use that Lockscreen.

You have to set your messaging app as the CustomApp under the TSM Parts Lock Screen Settings. Had that same issues but realized I just didnt setup a CustomApp

Hope that helps. Really like the MIUI Lockscreen :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

A Nandroid backup basically takes a snapshot of your entire system, everything except the kernel at that precise moment. So it is good to do a nandroid right before flashing to a new ROM so in case something goes wrong you can just restore back to where you were right before you flashed. You can't use a nandroid backup to restore personal data (contacts, apps, and sms) because everything else is going to be restored as well. What that means is you are on SC 2.9.2 right now, flash to Comm ROM 2.0 and use nandroid to try and restore personal data, after the restore you will be back on SC 2.9.2 with the kernel from CR 2.0.

Reactions: ITF36059

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
A Nandroid backup basically takes a snapshot of your entire system, everything except the kernel at that precise moment. So it is good to do a nandroid right before flashing to a new ROM so in case something goes wrong you can just restore back to where you were right before you flashed. You can't use a nandroid backup to restore personal data (contacts, apps, and sms) because everything else is going to be restored as well. What that means is you are on SC 2.9.2 right now, flash to Comm ROM 2.0 and use nandroid to try and restore personal data, after the restore you will be back on SC 2.9.2 with the kernel from CR 2.0.

What about titanium backups then? I'm currently running the Comm Rom that was posted just before 2.0 here in this forum in your post

Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EC01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.ED01

So If I want to go to CR 2.0 could I

1. Back up using Titanium Backup to backup data/apps
2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik in CWM
3. Flash CR 2.0 from ODIN? as well as CWM
4. Download Titanium Backup from Market and restore?

Please advise kindly!

Last edited:

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Shark, A far more accurate description than I provided....

Mike

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What about titanium backups then? I'm currently running the Comm Rom that was posted just before 2.0 here in this forum in your post

Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EC01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.ED01

So If I want to go to CR 2.0 could I

1. Back up using Titanium Backup to backup data/apps
2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik in CWM
3. Flash CR 2.0 from ODIN? as well as CWM
4. Download Titanium Backup from Market and restore?

Please advise kindly!

Yes you can use titanium back up to backup your apps and data. When you backup, click backup/restore at the top of the screen, hit the menu soft key, choose batch, then choose the option to backup all user apps and system data. When you restore through TiBu, go batch, but use the option of restoring missing apps with data, not all apps, and neither of the two options that include system data. I use sms backup to backup text messages, and I export my contacts to the sd card. You can also sync your contacts to your google account in order to backup and restore your contacts.

In step #3 of your steps above, you flash CR 2.0 in CWM. I have not finished the CR 2.0 ODIN packages yet.

k2caliguy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
running sc2.9

works great, have 2 fascinates on sc. one is an inactive back up if i break or brick my phone. Used the root explorer app to deleted some more apps from what super clean leaves. Once I while I reboot, buts its always because I've ended up downloading to many apps. apps keep getting bigger and sometimes they lock up.

using the wireless tether with my unlimited data contract.

had 70% battery today after after from 7 am to 5pm, normal usage, no game play or mp3 playing today though.

If I see hard core proof of 4g coverage expending and some good battery life, I may get a samsung 4g phone.

niebling

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of a newbie but not afraid to take some risks.... so I was wondering if you can help me.
I have my samsung fascinate rooted (don't ask...) with superclean 2.9.2 and it has been working great for me (I'm open to any other suggestions).

Well I made a BIG mistake by installing two screen locking apk's and now for some reason I can't uninstall them. I think they are Lock Now Free and some other one... I installed both and for some reason I keep seeing the PIN screen to unlock it. THIS is a big annoyance and probably related to the application.

So... Is there a way to nuke this application or do I have to go back and reinstall 2.9.2 from scratch or can I do it from any backups that I have??? I have Titanium Backup (free) and I believe that I may have some Nandroid backup because I installed something once.

Details: Froyo 2.2.1, Superclean 2.9.2. Samsung Fascinate basically new, Know how to use ODIN...

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP... Thanks Ken

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of a newbie but not afraid to take some risks.... so I was wondering if you can help me.
I have my samsung fascinate rooted (don't ask...) with superclean 2.9.2 and it has been working great for me (I'm open to any other suggestions).

Well I made a BIG mistake by installing two screen locking apk's and now for some reason I can't uninstall them. I think they are Lock Now Free and some other one... I installed both and for some reason I keep seeing the PIN screen to unlock it. THIS is a big annoyance and probably related to the application.

So... Is there a way to nuke this application or do I have to go back and reinstall 2.9.2 from scratch or can I do it from any backups that I have??? I have Titanium Backup (free) and I believe that I may have some Nandroid backup because I installed something once.

Details: Froyo 2.2.1, Superclean 2.9.2. Samsung Fascinate basically new, Know how to use ODIN...

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP... Thanks Ken

super clean! really?? wow. um. no! bad noobie!

i would run pool party. its amazing. there is also cm7, miui and a few other gingerbread roms.

Fascinate Developer Forum - RootzWiki

take a look there. im sure youll find what you need. anything from tsm will be great. i prefer the aosp roms.

k2caliguy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm still running this version, I haven't logged into this forums because it runs great, except for now.

I downloaded Google music but I can't access the cloud and play music on the app. google music says I need 2.2 and openGL on its limited self help website.

Do I need to flash a new software, from what I tried to understand on what super clean was about (since samsung would not drop froyo for us in a timely manner) a cut paste of froyo, so am I missing this opengl or something else for google music to work with the cloud?

Thanks!