Request for screen-off animation

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So, I noticed that the Nexus S has a sweet screen-off animation where it looks like an old-school TV.. Is there any way to get that on the fascinate?
If there is, is it put in a file in the system files like Framework or services.jar?
Does anyone know if there is anything like that?
It's just something really simple, but it would make this phone just that much more amazing.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's a feature that is built-in to the .35 (Gingerbread) kernel, so it isn't possible to have that as a screen off animation. It is, however, the power off animation for KB (and flashable from Jaekar's thread)

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
It's a feature that is built-in to the .35 (Gingerbread) kernel, so it isn't possible to have that as a screen off animation. It is, however, the power off animation for KB (and flashable from Jaekar's thread)

D'awww. That sucks.
Yeah I'm running KB 1.3 right now. It's very Nexus S-like and I was hoping I could make it even more Nexus S-like.

In case you haven't noticed, I really want the nexus S. Lol

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What happened to ManBearPig? I thought you switched usernames. Did you switch back? How did you switch your username?

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
What happened to ManBearPig? I thought you switched usernames. Did you switch back? How did you switch your username?

Well, Mr. Gossett up there wanted me to stick with one username, so I'm sticking with this one. This one has more stats and whatnot. I still want to use manbearpig though.. I'm very indecisive.. Maybe I should switch over to manbearpig. I just had two emails addresses and two accounts. But whatever.
What do you think I should do, Landshark?

Should I use ManBearPig and leave Adellc3 behind?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, Mr. Gossett up there wanted me to stick with one username, so I'm sticking with this one. This one has more stats and whatnot. I still want to use manbearpig though.. I'm very indecisive.. Maybe I should switch over to manbearpig. I just had two emails addresses and two accounts. But whatever.
What do you think I should do, Landshark?

Should I use ManBearPig and leave Adellc3 behind?

Follow Kevin's advice, pick one and stick with it and ask the Mods or Admins to close the other account. Makes it easy on those of us who are a little slow on the uptake to remember who is who with so many new members :p

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What the diff between what your talking about and the google shutdown that Jae has up in his thread? Also the one that was the shutdown for Com rom?? Do u have a video of it or something?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What the diff between what your talking about and the google shutdown that Jae has up in his thread? Also the one that was the shutdown for Com rom?? Do u have a video of it or something?

screen off animation as opposed to shut down animation. So the animation would run every time the screen timed out if I'm understanding it correctly when he is calling it screen off animation.