A Couple of Issues

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having two problems right now with my fascinate. As a quick background I was the same problems when I had superclean on it and now I have the community rom on it. I flashed both of them using odin.

Problem 1: Everytime I restart my phone all the settings are reset. So my ringtones, unlock screen, and anything else you can change is back to the way it was when I first flashed it. It also erases all my text messages....

Problem 2: This happened to me a week or two after I flashed superclean and the same thing happened after I flashed the community rom. Most of applications will force close automatically after I press them. It seems like this doesn't effect most of my google apps like gmail and voice and oddly it didn't effect doodle jump or fruit ninja. My browser works also, which is what has kept me from taking time to fix this over this last week but I've had enough now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you following all the install instructions for Community ROM? It's a very nice ROM, but very sensitive to the install process. I would try a full data/cache/dalvik wipe via CWM and a reinstall of CR. If that still doesn't work, I would say ODIN back to stock and OTA to the newest Froyo release (ED04) and then redo CWM and ComROM.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it'll help, but if you do decide to do the ODIN-to-stock-and-reflash route you could check out this thread. It might help, or it might be more than you want to do (but if you do try it, I hope it helps!).

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having two problems right now with my fascinate. As a quick background I was the same problems when I had superclean on it and now I have the community rom on it. I flashed both of them using odin.

Problem 1: Everytime I restart my phone all the settings are reset. So my ringtones, unlock screen, and anything else you can change is back to the way it was when I first flashed it. It also erases all my text messages....

Problem 2: This happened to me a week or two after I flashed superclean and the same thing happened after I flashed the community rom. Most of applications will force close automatically after I press them. It seems like this doesn't effect most of my google apps like gmail and voice and oddly it didn't effect doodle jump or fruit ninja. My browser works also, which is what has kept me from taking time to fix this over this last week but I've had enough now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like that is a bad install...
0. Backup all user data with TiBU or MyBU.
1. Download the UKB2.0 .zip file and store on your sdcard
2. Boot to CWM
3. wipe cache, and davlik two or three times each
4. wipe data/factory reset
5. flash UKB2.0
6. wipe data/factory reset
7. Reboot

Test things out and see if you have the same problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch