samsung fascinate ATT bootloop!

blakegermaine

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to get the miui 1.7.22 on my samsung fascinate, i was having trouble with trying to insert the miui.zip from my sd card, and got confused watching a youtube video that was actually about a samsung captivate (ATT). so i downloaded the odin-one-click that was in the description, and actually ended up putting my fascinate into download mode and clicked start on it. i let it run its course and when i went to get into recovery mode it had a "ATT world phone" boot loop... and now i can't get into recovery mode with the 3 button trick and i cant get the download mode to come up when i hold the down volume button and plug in the usb cord with the odin3. open. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! My phone won't work at all!!! Please either reply to this or email me blakegermaine@gmail .com

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung fascinate ATT bootloop!!!

I'm not sure if this technique will work for the Fascinate but with the Samsung Epic 4g when we have issues where the device won't go into download mode or other problems involving Odin we pull our battery out of the device and leave it out, then connect up to your computer via USB cable and then attempt to boot into download mode.

This is normally a very high success rate for problems involving download mode and Odin with the Epic 4g. Seeing the Fascinate is apart of the Galaxy S family it make work for you device too....

Anyhow at this point its worth a shot.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

HOLY ****!!! I was trying to get the miui 1.7.22 on my samsung fascinate, i was having trouble with trying to insert the miui.zip from my sd card, and got confused watching a youtube video that was actually about a samsung captivate (ATT). so i downloaded the odin-one-click that was in the description, and actually ended up putting my fascinate into download mode and clicked start on it. i let it run its course and when i went to get into recovery mode it had a "ATT world phone" boot loop... and now i can't get into recovery mode with the 3 button trick and i cant get the download mode to come up when i hold the down volume button and plug in the usb cord with the odin3. open. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! My phone won't work at all!!! Please either reply to this or email me blakegermaine@gmail .com

Take a look at this tutorial. May help.

How To Recover Your Fascinate From Any Brick, And Rooting Methods - xda-developers

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I did something similar and flashed captivate over through odin. I just bought a usb jig that put my fascinate right into download mode

MobileTechVideos ? Products

seriously, I had a forum member trying to help me with it for a couple hours and this did it in 3 seconds.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I did something similar and flashed captivate over through odin. I just bought a usb jig that put my fascinate right into download mode

MobileTechVideos ? Products

seriously, I had a forum member trying to help me with it for a couple hours and this did it in 3 seconds.

This.

You'll need a jig which forces download mode so you can Odin a proper package

blakegermaine

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ok so i got the jig and plugged it in and got it into download mode. Now when i try to flash clockwork recovery it comes back as a fail. i also tried the ed05 to see if i could get it back to normal, but that didn't work... so what should i try to flash through odin?

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
ok so i got the jig and plugged it in and got it into download mode. Now when i try to flash clockwork recovery it comes back as a fail. i also tried the ed05 to see if i could get it back to normal, but that didn't work... so what should i try to flash through odin?

Flash back to stock DL09 and start from scratch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk