Cannot turn on - please help

kisman17

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S i500 isn't turn on from this morning.
I tried batttery out & reset (Home, Vol. Up & Power)
and I'm in Android system revovery <3e>
But, i cannot move cusor with volume key.
there is massage in orange as below,

E: failed to open /res/recovery.fstab (No such file or directory)
E:unknown volume for path [/cache/recovery/command]
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:unknown volume for path [/data/fota]

Is there anybody having this kind of problem?
I really need you guys help...

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I had the exact same problem after I tried to update to Gingerbread. I took it to the local Verizon store and they couldn't help me. I called tech support and they suggested I do the same things I had already tried as per the posting above. I finally called Samsung support and they said there was nothing that could be done by me and gave me a UPS number to ship my phone in for repair. This just happened this week so I will update when I get it back and what the solution was. It's still under manufacturers warranty so I would suggest calling 888.987.4357, Samsung Customer Service. It will drive you nuts going through the automated phone system but be patient; they will help.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S i500 isn't turn on from this morning.
I tried batttery out & reset (Home, Vol. Up & Power)
and I'm in Android system revovery <3e>
But, i cannot move cusor with volume key.
there is massage in orange as below,

E: failed to open /res/recovery.fstab (No such file or directory)
E:unknown volume for path [/cache/recovery/command]
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:unknown volume for path [/data/fota]

Is there anybody having this kind of problem?
I really need you guys help...

I would try what they are going to do if you send it off.. :

You can flash the stock EH03 os via ODIN. It will wipe your all your apps, and user data, but sounds like that is lost right now anyway.

Follow the instructions here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/95146-odin-released-p3droid-leaked-gingerbread-ec09-full-stock-package.html

Substitute full, unrooted, EH03 for EC09 by downloading from here: (full tar package/radio)(EH03){odin/heimdall} Verizon 2.3.5 TWGB (cwr ver as well) - xda-developers

Let us know if you have any questions!

Grizeg

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue, after about 12 hours of working on it I give the hell up!... Verizon is sending me a new phone. I don't know if y'alls is the same way or not but mine isn't detected by odin, I even went as far as breaking out another computer, reformatting it, and trying on it, just to be sure it wasn't my computer. so it seems as though flashing it is out.

This problem came to me by trying to do a hard reset, I'm thinking it's because of 2.3.5 every since that update, my phone will cut its self off and back on while on this charger, and when i get a text message it doesn't play the entire sound clip just a split second of it.

BAH!!