Exchange & GMail Configuration Strategy

Greg G

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my Fascinate coming tomorrow (very excited!) and am trying to plan the best way to set up my email. This is a work phone so my primary email needs to be based on Exchange (email, calendar, contacts/gal sync). I also have a personal gmail account that I want to configure but I just want emails from that.

I've been using BB for the last couple of years so have pretty high expectations for email capabilities. Looks pretty clear that I should purchase TouchDown if I want to be happy. I plan to use the gmail application for my gmail and am happy with the idea that there will be separation between my personal and business mail. This is how I do it on my BB.

The questions I have are:

1) Do I have to do anything special to make sure that the contacts from Exchange are the ones that get used when I make phone calls, IM, and such? Don't want contacts from my Google account.

2) If I want to use a third party calendar or contacts app/widget, will it have access to the data pulled down by TouchDown or do I have to use TouchDown widgets?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I searched and read what I could find and am still confused.

Thanks for any advice!

-Greg

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
If you setup your gmail you can tell not to sync contacts from gmail.
It seems as if done 3rd party widgets work well with touchdown and some don't. Trial and error method is probably what you get to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo