Launcher Pro....

gray#AC

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
When I originally downloaded Launcher Pro, everytime I touched the "Home Screen" a window popped up and gave me the option of launching TW or Laucher Pro....
Now I've lost that option? When I touch the home screen it defaults to the Tw Launcher? Anyway to default to Launcher Pro? Or at least to get the option window back?

gray#AC

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Another question for those who are using this launcher.... When I'm running this launcher it's a running app in my task manager... Does this mean it's using more battery than the original installed TW launcher?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For me, LauncherPro uses more battery than TouchWiz. If you are running LauncherPro, make sure you delete all the home screens from TouchWiz, and remove all the widgets before launching LauncherPro.

Also, check out the Home Switcher app. It makes it easy to set the default launcher, and to switch back and forth.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I doubt LP actually uses more battery, but if your phone is stock you'll still have TW running in the background and for obvious reasons 2 launchers uses more resources than 1.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It's so worth the resources in my opinion. Now to decide if I want to pay for the Plus. Not even sure I'll use any of the new features, but just to support the dev I'll likely buy it very soon.

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
excuse my stupidity but i had just rooted my fasicnate and got launcher pro (paid) and it seems my phone is a lot more buggy, it freezes, doesn't ring when i get calls then i just see a missed call, screen goes black, im not sure what to do, i just usually pull the battery. is it the launcher you think or because i rooted it

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If you followed the instructions here for how to root, I doubt you messed anything up. Did you remove any applications, bloatware, etc. after rooting?

I'd start by uninstalling LauncherPro and see what happens.

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I think thats what ill do i havent done anything else past rooting, I have yet to figure out how to load a rom or anything lol rooting was scary enough for me

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I also just removed adv task killer.. it has caused some issues in the past for me on my incredible. My incredible was a nightmare.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I also just removed adv task killer.. it has caused some issues in the past for me on my incredible. My incredible was a nightmare.

Dude, you should have mentioned that from the start :)

Yeah, remove ATK, reboot and you'll be all set. And never put that crap on your phone again. Just out of curiosity: did the Verizon rep put ATK on for you?

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
lol no i am actually a customer service rep at a verizon store and i was told by tech a while ago to neeeevvvver put it on again and I thought i would try it this one time but no help lol I have told everyy songle sales rep in our store to NEVER PUT IT ON OUR PHONES AT PURCHASE but they dont listen to me...psht... but why would they, i mean im new and a 110 poung 2old year old girl lol what do i know right??

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have told everyy songle sales rep in our store to NEVER PUT IT ON OUR PHONES AT PURCHASE but they dont listen to me...

Good for you! Just keep pushing all your 110 pounds of weight around and you'll eventually make your point. Ask how many of them have actually even rooted their phone like you did.

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
lol i havent told anyone i have because i dont know what will happen since that voids the war. I have just been frustrated because im the one that has to clean up their mess when we get returns or troubleshooting!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
lol i havent told anyone i have because i dont know what will happen since that voids the war. I have just been frustrated because im the one that has to clean up their mess when we get returns or troubleshooting!

dont worry about the warrenty thing. you can get back to out of the box stock in about 3 minutes, as long as you have odin and you get the file

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package

you will be unrooted out of the box brand new. they will never know the differance.

on another note, have you tried ADW launcher? i like it much better.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried LP for a couple of days...when in a phone call the screen would go dark in 2 secs...no way to press speaker or any of the in call buttons, had to press power button then unlock and screen goes dark again in 2 secs all the while connected to the call. Couldn't figure it out so I uninstalled LP and all was good again.
Using ADW now and its all good. Its comparable to LP.