So confused! Please help

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for froyo so have decided to root then flash. I've done the ota update last week and am very new to the entire android scene. The problem I'm having is there is just toooooo much info out there! I'm confused. Do I root (how?) then titanium backup, then what? Please give me a hand and point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for froyo so have decided to root then flash. I've done the ota update last week and am very new to the entire android scene. The problem I'm having is there is just toooooo much info out there! I'm confused. Do I root (how?) then titanium backup, then what? Please give me a hand and point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much!

Start off from here, there are new methods of doing things but there is alot of info here so you start to get the hang of things.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/51526-how-i-learned-flash-rom.html

Then check out method number 1. here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/53950-how-root-dl09.html
it will lead you to the original thread and i added a quick walk through.

i think if you use these resources to learn you will be ready to flash roms

But best to study up first and ask questions

Reactions: wyseguy77

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm rooted! That was enough for one night. At first the one click didn't work, the method 2 didn't work, so I tried 1-click 2 more times and BAM! I'm rooted. Thanks again!

I need a beer!

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The one click doesn't always take the first or second time. Took me a couple runs at it before it worked. Flashing the recovery via odin isn't that bad. Once you have that you are set to flash roms and kernels.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Just like Voghan said, the one click can take a few times. I'll admit, the first time i rooted a phone i was like wait... what the hell is going on, why isn't this working? Did i break it? haha, but then it works and all is well. DroidXcon linked you to a new ROM that is supposed to be really good. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, as i am still running DJ05 which is really similar but i hear great things and it is a good place to start for sure! Take your time and when doing roms, read, re-read and read one more time before you do anything!

Taking the extra few steps will always save a headache in the long run!

Goodluck and have fun! It's a never ending cycle of trying out new roms, themes and what not once your rooted! Welcome to the club!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty