Freezing TouchWiz

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to freeze TouchWiz via TiB? Is it even running if my default launcher is ADW? I took everything off my tw homescreens and reduced down to 1 page and it definitely decreased my memory usage, so I'm wondering if i'll see any added benefit from freezing the program if it's running automatically. I'm rooted (obviously) running Superclean .4 ROM on JT's updated voodoo kernel if any of this is a factor for anyone's feedback. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have Facebook synced you will get force close errors because that relies on TW, otherwise as long as you have another launcher set as default you can remove TW

Reactions: djlim4

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, if you're using an alternate launcher, you might as well just remove TouchWiz all together, since it will continue to run in the background even if your default launcher is set to something else.

Just go into system/app and delete TouchWiz30Launcher.apk or rename it to .old You'll probably get a few force closes immediately afterward, but just reboot and everything will be fine.

Reactions: djlim4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty