Official Verizon Froyo *EB01*

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
*Update* Coming Feb. 22?
(Oh, and for you folks on the Fascinate? You might wanna keep your calendars clear on or about Feb. 22. Just sayin'.)
<- John Hildenbrand

I just got home from school and I normally do my daily roundup of ac, engadget, and droid life, and at the bottom of droid life I found this.

Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 EB01 Gallery - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

fascinate-froyo-eb01-17-360x600.jpg

Changelog:
1. Updated to support the Google Froyo 2.2 software
2. Added support for SMS Delivery acknowledgement
3. Addressed an issue seen in some cases were users would lose their data connection and have to either power cycle or turn on and off airplane mode to recover
4. A UI change was made to correct the spelling of “Dialled Calls” in the dialer app.
5. Addressed an issue where the speaker button was not working when connected to a Bluetooth device.
6. A software change was made to enhance the reliability of the syncing of IMAP and POP 3 e-mails accounts
7. You can now move messages between folders in the exchange mail client
8. Addressed an issue found when connected to the car dock and you turn off the back light the connection defaults to the speakerphone when you turn the back light back on
9. Addressed a “force close” error message seen when you select “delete all” in your sent or trash folders in your exchange e-mail account
10. You can now save a contact you found using a Global Address Look up.
11. Addressed an issue found when using Bing Voice search causing the device to give the error message “thinking” and “make sure you are connected to a network and try again”.
12. When using the Voice Command application it will not display duplicate names and numbers for the same contact that was found from multiple sources.
13. Addressed an issue when using the Desktop dock which in some cases was causing the idle screen image to appear to be burned into the screen
14. The color scheme in the calendar has been changed
15. Enhancements were made to improve the update consistency of the feeds and widgets
16. Protected Media licenses are now stored on the memory card so if the device is factory reset these protected content licenses will not be lost
17. The Swype application will no longer capitalize letters inappropriately

^^ All taken from Droid Life.

This seems actually really legit and I havent seen anyone talk about this yet. Im actually excited for this. Although I dont really think DL30 is the "buggy mess" they say it is.

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, hopefully the devs already have it and are just keeping quiet until they have it to release so they don't get pestered about it 24/7.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, first I heard. Looks like my DL09-EA28 nandroid will come in handy soon. I don't think DL30 is buggy, but I am looking forward to Ripping the bloatware out of th e official froyo, flashing midnight or just flashing whatever adrenalyne comes up with. To be perfectly honest it will be nice to not have to flash rape my fassy every couple of weeks. Thanks for info. The more I look at those pics I wouldnt be surpised if it turned out to be DL30 with nothing extra but the bloatware. I havnt had any problrms with DL30 so far and my money says we dont see this until after the thunder bolt and iphone releases are behind us.... If they planned on releasing it soon I dont think they would have released the fix for DL09. Then again I really have no idea what im talking about, but as a verizon wireline employee I can also tell you 75% of what verizon decides to do doesnt make sense!

Last edited:

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The more I look at those pics I wouldnt be surpised if it turned out to be DL30 with nothing extra but the bloatware. I havnt had any problrms with DL30 so far and my money says we dont see this until after the thunder bolt and iphone releases are behind us.

I'd be surprised to see them try to push something out in the middle of the iPhone release. If the network takes as big a hit as the news reports say, the last thing Verizon would want to do it try to push out big files this week.

I have absolutely no info/knowledge about this, but I was thinking tonight that DL30 seems like the final release from Samsung before Verizon got its mitts on it.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, but what makes you think this is "official"? The leaked DL30 also had all the bloatware in it, but some was removed, even from the full leak, before it was posted. It's likely that this build isn't the final version either, as Adrynalyne pointed out that this build still has the "EDF" typo on the dialer.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Droid Leak already said a verizon rep told them this is verizons version of froyo. Its official, and even if it still has bugs and errors, Im sure there will be future updates pushed by verizon. Notice how its EB01, Leaving room for updates. (; Plus im just saying what droid life is saying bra. Seems to be official to me. Sounds like DL30 was Samsungs, and EB01 is verizons. For now.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The build number just means it was compiled on February (B) 1st (01).

And like I said both versions are fully bloated, so there's no way to know if one was Samsung's and the other Verizon's...

Not trying to argue, just pointing out the flaws in your (re: DroidLife's) logic ;)

Edit: Figured I would further illustrate how builds are named:
January=A, February=B, March=C, April=D, etc...
And then the day of the month gives you the number...

So DL30 was compiled on December 30th, DJ05 on October 5th, DI01 on September 1st...

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

And like I said both versions are fully bloated, so there's no way to know if one was Samsung's and the other Verizon's...

Not trying to argue, just pointing out the flaws in your (re: DroidLife's) logic ;)

gotta agree, theres lots of letters and numbers left. and theres lots of letters and numbers before. the only way to know is to wait and see.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
True, but even if you think about it, EB01 seems to be the same thing as DL30, am I wrong, if it is, why release a DL30 when there is now an EB01. Therefore, making this official, as of now. Who knows what kind of more froyo fixes we will see.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely no info/knowledge about this, but I was thinking tonight that DL30 seems like the final release from Samsung before Verizon got its mitts on it.

Verizon does not make its own software builds. Any software update for your phone comes from the manufacturer (or a 3rd party in odd cases).

Verizon tells Samsung what they want in the build (bloat and everything) and Samsung codes it and releases it to Verizon for testing.

Just helping us keep our speculations on the right page.

Ender519

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Edit: Figured I would further illustrate how builds are named:
January=A, February=B, March=C, April=D, etc...
And then the day of the month gives you the number...

So DL30 was compiled on December 30th, DJ05 on October 5th, DI01 on September 1st...

And the first letter indicates year.. D = 2010, E = 2011, etc.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I was told by PK that he released DL30 as is with exception of root. It was leaked to him before any verizon bloatware was added. Thats why DL30 contains no vz apps such as Blockbuster, Vcast, Vz nav, Etc, Etc, Etc. Official DL30 leak was basically stock samsung and the only bloatware added was from sammy,PK nor Jt touched DL30 prior to release save root and still havnt released a ROM based off DL30 to date. which I do find a little odd. I wouldnt be surprised if PK or Jt already have a leak of EB01and are keeping it under wraps til they can release it, to avoid the response they got when the fassy community found out they had the DL30 leak. I dont have any insider info and its pure speculation on my part but I cant figure out why they havnt released anything DL30 related themselves. Besides a guy can dream cant he! Also I wouldnt be shocked if EB01 is basically DL30 with vz apps included. Everyone can, will, and should throw in thier 2 cents this just happens to be mine.

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was told by PK that he released DL30 as is with exception of root. It was leaked to him before any verizon bloatware was added. Thats why DL30 contains no vz apps such as Blockbuster, Vcast, Vz nav, Etc, Etc, Etc. Official DL30 leak was basically stock samsung and the only bloatware added was from sammy,PK nor Jt touched DL30 prior to release save root and still havnt released a ROM based off DL30 to date. which I do find a little odd. I wouldnt be surprised if PK or Jt already have a leak of EB01and are keeping it under wraps til they can release it, to avoid the response they got when the fassy community found out they had the DL30 leak. I dont have any insider info and its pure speculation on my part but I cant figure out why they havnt released anything DL30 related themselves. Besides a guy can dream cant he! Also I wouldnt be shocked if EB01 is basically DL30 with vz apps included. Everyone can, will, and should throw in thier 2 cents this just happens to be mine.

From XDA; Adrynalyne gave him the file and had removed bloat before he gave it to PK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress