Random vibrating; apps flickering; phone heating up

shockwave632

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It seems like at random, my phone will short vibrate for no reason and the screen will turn on. It also occurs while using apps, but automatically they will back out and close, as if I quickly tapped the back or home button a bunch of times.
It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to really get on my nerves...
I've also had issues with the brightness, where it's set on auto, but when I'm browsing around it'll turn all the way up and then the phone and screen get very warm.
Any idea if these issues are related, or what I can do about them?
I've had the phone since it came out, and have never had a problem with it.

shockwave632

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's stock.

The vibration thing is probably the most annoying part of all this, it's as one of my fingers hits the buttons on the bottom of the screen, only my hands are nowhere near it, and I'm just looking at the screen.

I've also had an issue where, without adjusting the volume, my ringtones go straight to vibrate instead of being audible. I know that could be caused by a million different things, I just didn't know if it could be related.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Im actually having the vibration issue too along with several others. Mine is the vibration that is makes when it wants to force close something but nothing force closes. It just vibrates as though its about to.

shockwave632

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I suppose it's a little like that. Although mine doesn't always force close. Like I was playing Slice-It last night and mid-game I'd get a short vibration, and then the menu would just keep flickering quickly back and forth. Or it would just quickly undo all of the lines I had just been making even if my fingers weren't near the undo button.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When my phone gets warm, the bottom buttons are randomly pressed all by themself. This causes the LEDs to blink, the phone to vibrate, and apps to close down. Sadly, this is a failure of the Samsung design from what I can tell. For me it only happens when on a fast charger AND bright display.

You need to find out why your phone is getting warm and cure that. Most likely some app running in the background that needs to be killed. I would try a total reset and reformat, then load just the apps you need if you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty