new battery problems

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My stock battery on my Fascinates is horrible and I ordered a new battery from androidcentral. It is the same voltage and everything but the phone says "battery not recognized" and I can not charge the battery! Deos anyone know of a workaround so that my phone doesnt actually check the battery? I am rooted. Thx so much for any help.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My stock battery on my Fascinates is horrible and I ordered a new battery from androidcentral. It is the same voltage and everything but the phone says "battery not recognized" and I can not charge the battery! Deos anyone know of a workaround so that my phone doesnt actually check the battery? I am rooted. Thx so much for any help.

You bought an after market battery, which is not recognized by the phone which will not allow you to charge it while it is in the phone. You will need an external charger to charge the battery

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I believe some of the EC10 source build kernels allow non OEM batteries to be charged in the phone. Not sure if any of the ED01 source built kernels have the same ability. Unfortunately it's just going to be a trial and error process trying different kernels to find one that works. May not be worth the time and effort though and you may want to just follow JOrtenzi's advice on the charger. If you want to try out different kernels, you can find them all listed in post #4 of JaeKar99's Themes, ROMs, kernels thread here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-6-16-11-a.html

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ComaVolt, OTB 1.6 (I would imagine all the OTB kernels allow it) and the PBJ kernels all allow charging of aftermarket batteries

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19