Handcent and the @@@

hazydaisy

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update, everytime I send a long text message or I receive a long text message...the recipient or myself get @@@@ at the end of each message. I've changed the split setting, but now I have several sent messages in my conversation list...or the person gets several messages. I changed it to the split by word. Is there anyway to get rid of the @'s and only have 1 message to either be sent or received?

Also...I've noticed that sometimes when I send a picture message it doesn't go through. It will just sit there and churn...is anyone else having this problem too?

DeathCom

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update, everytime I send a long text message or I receive a long text message...the recipient or myself get @@@@ at the end of each message. I've changed the split setting, but now I have several sent messages in my conversation list...or the person gets several messages. I changed it to the split by word. Is there anyway to get rid of the @'s and only have 1 message to either be sent or received?

Also...I've noticed that sometimes when I send a picture message it doesn't go through. It will just sit there and churn...is anyone else having this problem too?
I really wish I knew what was causing this too. I've tried GO SMS and got the same problem. The only thing that works is the default messaging app, or to switch handcent/go to split every 160 characters which sucks.

I am currently running ED01 / Ultimate KangBang 2.0 / EC01 Modem.

holster27

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I knew what was causing this too. I've tried GO SMS and got the same problem. The only thing that works is the default messaging app, or to switch handcent/go to split every 160 characters which sucks.

I am currently running ED01 / Ultimate KangBang 2.0 / EC01 Modem.
Hey guys, if you have a message that is longer than 160 characters, just send it as an mms message. You won't have to split it and i think mms you can send up to 1000 charecters. also, our default messaging app if memory serves had an option to change it to an mms automatically if it was over 160, and i thought go did too, but i am not seeing it on mine, let me do some more looking.

DeathCom

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, if you have a message that is longer than 160 characters, just send it as an mms message. You won't have to split it and i think mms you can send up to 1000 charecters. also, our default messaging app if memory serves had an option to change it to an mms automatically if it was over 160, and i thought go did too, but i am not seeing it on mine, let me do some more looking.
Hey holster, yeah I don't think we are sending it as split. I have the split option unchecked, most of the options are set to default. It still puts the @@@@ and splits messages. Go SMS Pro still has the same problem too. The only thing that works is the stock messaging app.

At one point handcent worked fine, that much I know.

BBerry2ADroid

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife has this phone and she is getting the @@@@ symbols in all of her txt messages as well. I have Handcent on my TBolt and have never had this problem, as well my friend has the T-Mobile variant of this phone with Handcent and no issues.

This is very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo