Has the landscape dock landed anywhere yet?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I get the feeling I'll pick this phone up tomorrow and have nothing to stick it in. Does anybody know if those prongs transmit audio too?

blueshoes9001

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling I'll pick this phone up tomorrow and have nothing to stick it in. Does anybody know if those prongs transmit audio too?

I'm no authority on this or anything but everything I can find for the OEM dock says available the 23rd and I can't even verify that the GSM version will fit the Verizon version even though I have it on order along with the car dock... not sure what Verizon will have, I'm only interested in the OEM Samsung docks I found. The car dock and the desk dock do have the 3.5 jack

Check out Fommy.com or mycellworld.com item number 93055 and 93056

Sku Items Qty Unit Price Total Price
93056 Samsung? (OEM) Vehicle Navigation Mount 1 $ 46.95 $ 46.95
93055 Samsung? (OEM) Multimedia Desktop Dock 1 $ 64.95 $ 64.95

jakeh0

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
very interested in this. was surprised it was not available in store. i want to use my livingsocial coupon for this

dman2275

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping to pick up the Nexus myself but I had the same question. I use my Charge in the desktop cradle every night as my clock by the bed. Don't know if I can go without it......don't want to spend $70 either on the multimedia dock since I don't want to play music or stream videos. I feel like it just rained on my parade.......

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to pick up the Nexus myself but I had the same question. I use my Charge in the desktop cradle every night as my clock by the bed. Don't know if I can go without it......don't want to spend $70 either on the multimedia dock since I don't want to play music or stream videos. I feel like it just rained on my parade.......

The charger that comes in the spare battery +charger combo doubles nicely as a beside dock. Holds phone extremely well in both landscape and portrait positions. I had intended to get one of the cradles when they come out, but honestly I no longer see the need for it as I don't use it for multimedia output anyway.

Reactions: scils8

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The charger that comes in the spare battery +charger combo doubles nicely as a beside dock. Holds phone extremely well in both landscape and portrait positions. I had intended to get one of the cradles when they come out, but honestly I no longer see the need for it as I don't use it for multimedia output anyway.

Yeah I was thinking why would they put this weird handle on the front of the charger. Its just not comfortable to pick the thing up with. Till I found out its for use as a cradle. duh

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It looks to me, from pictures of the mythical landscape dock, like the power button will be inaccessible while in the dock. I don't see any buttons on the dock itself, which has me wondering if they might have royally screwed up, and need to redesign it?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They would just need to add a power button on the outside of the dock similar to the Droid Charge dock's volume buttons. I actually kind of hope they do this, but there's no reason why it should be taking this long for the thing to be released unless someone totally forgot about it.

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I, personally, don't see that as a design issue. If it's anything like with the DROID, when placed in the dock it will start up the Clock app and function as a clock and stay on. No need to access the lock/power button.

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I, personally, don't see that as a design issue. If it's anything like with the DROID, when placed in the dock it will start up the Clock app and function as a clock and stay on. No need to access the lock/power button.

I think quite a few people would be irked by the fact that they cannot turn the screen off while it's in the dock (at least, I would). Maybe I don't want OLED burn-in, or maybe it's too bright and keeps me awake.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think someone suggested that you maybe able to turn on/off the display by simply tapping down on the side of the Nexus that is facing up (so it acts like one big button). I mean theoretically the power button will by laying against some sort of surface so a soft push down should work. I'm not sure if that is actually the case but it would be brilliant if it were.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow never thought about possible burn in images. This is my first phone with an amoled screen, would using the dock and having the clock app run all night permanently damage the screen like on a plasma TV?

I have always bought docks to use my phone as an alarm clock. Its the only thing I miss from my X.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down the screen to go in night mode the time moves between two positions. Strangely the three button dots do not. Maybe they have logic to remove those on a dock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jeffshepard

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a link for this battery charger, dock Please?:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87