Just got extended battery

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
2 questions:

1) what did you do with your external battery. I was told once you should put batteries you aren't using in the fridge

2) is the back cover supposed to be flush with the camera. My camera is just slightly recessed on the bottom edge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to do anything special for the phone to read the correct percentage? It seems like it is dying faster than the standard battery.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My battery life got better with the extended battery after a couple weeks. I think some apps were updated that were effecting it. That and I also disabled nfc for now.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Doing pretty good. And keep in mind 4g is on but I don't have coverage in the building and there was lost of texting and some Pandora

a6f833c7-97a6-ad35.jpg

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
That's the battery I have. I had miserable battery life at first. Then i discovered that after I charge the phone all night in the morning it was only 98% charged so I plugged it in to my verizon car charger on the way to work and it brought it up to 100%

I did this every day for a week and now it charges to 100% over night and I'm getting longer battery life than the standard battery.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I mean the energy in these comes from electrons bouncing around right. So it would stand to reason that putting the battery in the fridge would slow the electrons down and preserve the battery life.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Batteries in the fridge? Thats a new one to me.

That theory only applied to the older NiCad technology. It was insinuated that cooling a NiCad battery would slow the residual battery idle drain. This was also tested later on NMH technology, with less than conclusive results.

On today's Lithium Ion, dry cell, batteries...this does little to no benefit. In some cases, depending on the Li-Ion cells that are used, it makes matters worse.