[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
any word/eta on those fastboot img files? I suspect with a long weekend for most someone will work there magic but I may just go ahead and flash in CWM cause I'm really curious to see if the new radios help in anyway. :D thanks

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Update, four days later and I still haven't had one signal drop (I love these new radios). My nexus is finally working the way it was meant to (it only took verizon nine months to fix the problem) . For anyone experiencing problems similar to what I've had, you should really try out these new radios!

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The 404 radios were swell on my phone, it these are working over well also. Handoffs might be slightly better, and 4g might hold a little stronger but its hard to tell.

anyway, almost a year later and this phone is still boss. can't say that about some other phones I had. Lookin at you, thunder bolt :)

Gherkin Savorus

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the dumb question, but if I want to go back to an older radio version, is it simply a matter of reflashing the older package? I understand that some of them packages involve batch routines which patch existing radio files, and I thought it best to ask rather than brick my phone :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the dumb question, but if I want to go back to an older radio version, is it simply a matter of reflashing the older package? I understand that some of them packages involve batch routines which patch existing radio files, and I thought it best to ask rather than brick my phone :)

You could try it; I know folks have been successful by flashing the zips twice (with a reboot in between). However, the safest way to do it would be by using fastboot.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You could try it; I know folks have been successful by flashing the zips twice (with a reboot in between). However, the safest way to do it would be by using fastboot.

Pretty sure its the same. If it requires a patch, it would still require it with fast boot, no?

SKYLER616

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i had a horrible time getting 4g to stay working until the newest radios FF02, FG02 now it works so well im happy my GNEX is now how it should have been

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to air this OPINION of mine on how cluttered the stickies are in this forum. It seems like we have two Jelly Bean discussion threads and two or three how to restore your NExus threads up there. What gets me is you then have a very descent thread like this here that SHOULD BE A STICKY just hanging around with the rest of the layman threads here.
:p
:cool:
JEdi

Reactions: zero neck

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see the new radios. For me, the hand-offs were faster but I now have 3G in areas that previously displayed 4G. Sucks that people have different experiences, but that's how it goes. Cheers.

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have to air this OPINION of mine on how cluttered the stickies are in this forum. It seems like we have two Jelly Bean discussion threads and two or three how to restore your NExus threads up there. What gets me is you then have a very descent thread like this here that SHOULD BE A STICKY just hanging around with the rest of the layman threads here.
JEdi

While I dont determine what is stickied, I can see where some of the threads could be combined or something. But, Often different members have put their time into the thread, and combining them would be logistically difficult.

Anyway, this thread usually floats around the first page, and its Always in my sig. :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
JEdi

We have a max number of stickies. I'll see what I can do :).

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed the 4.1.1 radios on my VZW Galaxy Nexus using TWRP. When I reboot it says "R" above signal indicator. I am guessing this means roaming. When my phone connects to my VZW network extender it says "Network Extender" in the notification pulldown instead of "Verizon Wireless". I went back to the old radios. Any ideas?

I am using Bugless Beast - Jelly Bean and Lean Kernel.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something conflicting. I have not seen an "R" since I messed with a .xml file a couple of months ago. Could be that file (IIRC, eri.xml?) or simply the Network Extender interfering.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You hsould be able to flash back to the 4.04 radios in the OP.

Someone else said they were seeing R (roaming) and net extender indicators. A few pages back i believe.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
JEdi
I agree. Why not drop the Chatter thread from the top? It's being used as an "off topic" thread anyway. This thread should be up there. Combining some thread would might be helpful or dropping a few that are referenced in other threads.