New Google wallet questions

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a ton of threads about Google wallet but i haven't seen this anywhere and it made me curious. Im running BB 4.1 and when i sign into Google wallet the first time it doesn't bring me to the permission request screen like it does when you go into play movies. It used to do that but now does not, i also tried to use it yesterday and it didn't work.
Seeing as i go to school in the middle of nowhere and the only place to use it is McDonald's it isn't really disappointing if i cant use it. Just wondering why it didn't ask permission like it used to.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a ton of threads about Google wallet but i haven't seen this anywhere and it made me curious. Im running BB 4.1 and when i sign into Google wallet the first time it doesn't bring me to the permission request screen like it does when you go into play movies. It used to do that but now does not, i also tried to use it yesterday and it didn't work.
Seeing as i go to school in the middle of nowhere and the only place to use it is McDonald's it isn't really disappointing if i cant use it. Just wondering why it didn't ask permission like it used to.

I would try deleting the App Data and App cache and then try to reopen it and see if when you go through set up if it asks for permissions. If not, uninstall it then reinstall it and try again.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by jjt981<br />
I know there is a ton of threads about Google wallet but i haven't seen this anywhere and it made me curious. Im running BB 4.1 and when i sign into Google wallet the first time it doesn't bring me to the permission request screen like it does when you go into play movies. It used to do that but now does not, i also tried to use it yesterday and it didn't work. <br />
<br />
<br />
I would try deleting the App Data and App cache and then try to reopen it and see if when you go through set up if it asks for permissions. If not, uninstall it then reinstall it and try again.
If can't get it to open it just says device not supported then closes.

Running Jelly Belly v5.4 Android 4.1.1..

Sent from my Jelly Belly Galaxy Nexus

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If can't get it to open it just says device not supported then closes.

Running Jelly Belly v5.4 Android 4.1.1..

All rooted devices have that unsupported device notice. Just Google saying they officially can't support Wallet on rooted devices, but the app will still work regardless. Just a waiver of liability for them really :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
All rooted devices have that unsupported device notice. Just Google saying they officially can't support Wallet on rooted devices, but the app will still work regardless. Just a waiver of liability for them really :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

It's will but that notice wouldn't let me open the app I had to install the it as a system app instead and now it's working the unsupported was a toast notification that would just close the app everytime, everything is all good now

I plan on wiping and re flashing my Rom what do I need to do as to not mess up my secure element? Go into GW and then settings and click reset?

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's will but that notice wouldn't let me open the app I had to install the it as a system app instead and now it's working the unsupported was a toast notification that would just close the app everytime, everything is all good now

I plan on wiping and re flashing my Rom what do I need to do as to not mess up my secure element? Go into GW and then settings and click reset?

Yes. Before you flash a new ROM or reflash, make sure to reset Google Wallet (now that I actually use it I have to remind myself each time I flash a new ROM as part of my routine haha). Not doing so could somehow bork it when you try and activate Google Wallet next time on your new ROM or reflashed ROM. BTW, just used it today and the cashier at 7 Eleven (got a Red Bull during work) was amazed I could do that with my phone. Need to do it a lot more until iPhone 5 comes out as Apple will more than likely make a "me too" app like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty