will this be the vzw gs2?

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What makes you guys think Verizon will release the Nexus Prime? They won't. They didn't get the first two Nexus phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I very much doubt this is the S2. This has some major differences, besides the keyboard, that would turn off most people anticipating the S2. Verizon can be very dumb, but I doubt they are going to make that particular mistake. I believe Verizon will get an actual version of the S2. That is the good news.

The bad news is I'm wondering if the guy CK spoke to, the one that was saying it might come with LTE, was talking about this device instead? Could be possible since this is a Samsung device. LTE has been a major discussion point here since that feature is considered the deal breaker for most. Guess we will just have to keep waiting.

Negative. A slider was not mentioned and that info would have been given. I wont say its not possible but I HIGHLY doubt it

With this device on the horizon I think we will be hearing some info on S2 pretty soon.

Sent from my Droid

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
What makes you guys think Verizon will release the Nexus Prime? They won't. They didn't get the first two Nexus phones.

Insiders that's why people think it. They didn't get the first 3 iPhones either so why did they get the iphone 4? Its called demand they see how well the nexus line is selling.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Insiders that's why people think it. They didn't get the first 3 iPhones either so why did they get the iphone 4? Its called demand they see how well the nexus line is selling.

How well it's NOT selling you mean. The Nexus line has always been niche. It has never sold as well as other flagship phones like the OG Droid.

Bottom line is that the decision makers of Verizon aren't very tech savvy nor intelligent, just greedy.

Why won't it come to Verizon? Because the Nexus should be unlocked and free of bloat, two things contrary to Verizon's plans to make money.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Lets be honest, the avg user don't care about all that any way. Normally they go in and the reps says x phone (usually 6month to a yr old) is popular and if you upgrade we will let you have it for free. Vzw really don't want to hire people to look for the hotest phone for a small amount of users to hack. They want a phone that looks on par with the phones other carriers offer, put the label that we offer the best and the fastest network, charge a premium for it but make site its 10 to 15 bucks more than the competitors and explain to the customer we charge a little more for quality but its only 10 bucks. And when you look at it we will pay that because we use our phones heavily and we want to know if we call someone or they call us we won't get our calls dropped.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The Droid bionic is non slider how the gs2 is so what you are saying about taking sales from droid line is wrong. If that was the case they would and probably will go cheap on the gs2 like they did with the fascinate to try and get more sales for the bionic.

was referring to the OG droid line (so in essence, the droid 3). moot point regardless though, as the new info, if true, puts this slider as a mid-level device

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Shipwrestler125 is very rude and always has to be right like he doesn't let people post what they want he always has to add his input

I was stating a point never said anything that people can't have input damn cry me a river I was just comparing this slider with Droid 3 and the gs2 to the bionic. Next time ill makemake sure to ask your permission before I post. Smh

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Negative. A slider was not mentioned and that info would have been given. I wont say its not possible but I HIGHLY doubt it

With this device on the horizon I think we will be hearing some info on S2 pretty soon.

Sent from my Droid

That is cool and hopefully that is the case. Was just throwing out a possible a theory :)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Shipwrestler125 is very rude and always has to be right like he doesn't let people post what they want he always has to add his input

I was stating a point never said anything that people can't have input damn cry me a river I was just comparing this slider with Droid 3 and the gs2 to the bionic. Next time ill makemake sure to ask your permission before I post. Smh

Everyone has permission to post what they think, as long as it's within the rules

This bickering is going to stop before it starts. I hope this friendly reminder is enough. Thanks in advance :)

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Please please please! Don't be the sgs2... This is nothing like it. Don't ruin perfection. The sgs2 is selling this will not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress